ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much and where for the 54k 172 service?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Anyone got any idea how much will I be looking at for the 54k service on a mk2 172? Ball park figure will do.

Cheers Justin. Just checked out ren-tech on the web but its in Potsmouth. Bit of a trek for me... Is it worth the saving i will make by avoiding Renault?

54k is a cheap one £150 ish
Cambelt is 72 but itf the cars 5 years old its the same time Renault say it should be chnaged smae goes for coolent etc which is time limited so might need chnaging.

Bought the car second hand with 42 on the clock and had it serviced b4 pick up. Nearly done 12k so it needs doing. Cam belt is scary though! Has a Williams b4 and the cam belt went on that. Had to throw the car away...:mad: Have to just bite the bullet...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
FredYozzasport said:
what 54K service??? there isn't one

Exactly what I was going to say!

Pete said:
There is for non sports though and it's a biggy, not for the Renault sh*t err I mean Sport range.

The OP says it's for a 172 though :)

Cam belt is 5 years of 72k officially but most seem to go 4-5 years and about 60k as they are supposedly prone to snapping early.