ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much are car batteries?

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Just wondering, as my nans corsa C is in need of one, I'll be going to pick one up but have rough idea how much they are? Any rough ideas on price would be geat.

Thanks Guys

172 Race Car
£25 for a decent one? was it a 9volt?

Retail expect to pay £50-£65 for a 063 battery (ususaly themore you pay the better/longer the warranty)

ph1 172
price depends on brand.
got a budget battery last week for £27 ..for a 172 with 2 year guarantee

dont go to halfrauds ..you will get ripped off.

to be fair its a battery. for someone who just needs a battery it will do the job.

i understand the whole warranty thing, and this ones got a 2 or 3 yr one, but for most people who get bored of a car within a year or so, the warranty issue doesnt come into it. this is the first time ive ever had to change a battery in any of the cars ive owned and most have been kept for more than 2 yr's.

and also, agree you do get what you pay for - this met my needs however, and merely suggested it as they were cheapest place i found for decent brand.

172 Race Car
The OP said it was for his Nan, i was assuming she wont get bored with the car in a year or so and sell it and was also assuming that she will use the car infequently for short trips. Therefore payng more for a battery to get a very good quality one will be the best option.

Yes you can buy batterys for less than £30 but IMO (profesional) the OP should belooking to pay more for one. Halfords are not a 'rip off' they are a very good battery

ph1 172
halfords will supply a very good battery ..bosch if you want.
but you will pay through the nose, go to your local motor factors.

:lolup:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
halfrauds charge a fortune for batterys, at our place a 063 is £34.99 for a 3 year one or £44.99 for a bosch 4 year one