ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much are decent PC's these days?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is this decent enough spec?

• Antec 300 Three Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
  • AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 850 "95W Edition" 3.30GHz
  • Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H DDR3 Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB 1600MHz CAS9 Memory Kit
  • GeForce GTX 560 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
  • 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache
  • RAID 0 Setup
  • 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)
  • OnBoard Sound Card
  • OCZ ZS Series 750W PSU
  • TP Link 300Mbps Wireless-N USB Adapter
  • Fully Cable Managed
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Samsung B2230H 21.5" LCD Monitor
Comes in at around £700 including VAT.

Opinions?

Go for an i3 over a Phenom to be honest - this will change mobo and probably your memory!
Also i wouldn't trust Seagate with a bargepole (though some do), i'd recommend a Samsung Spinpoint F3/F4.
I'd also recommend Corsair for PSU's, much stronger than OCZ in that department, perhaps a Builder/Ehtusiast or Pro series!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It's definitely a decent enough spec for a good gaming PC that doesn't cost the earth. I'd prefer an Intel CPU as said, but tbh that's just personal choice.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
As soon as Intel goes in, the price changes quite considerably. On a budget as it is.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well like I said, what you've posted seems fine to me, a good choice of components, certainly nothing to be sniffed at.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well like I said, what you've posted seems fine to me, a good choice of components, certainly nothing to be sniffed at.

Yeah, I'm not going for a conquer-all type rig, just one that will play games with decent settings and be pretty quick with editing, FM2012 and stuff.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Go for an i3 over a Phenom to be honest - this will change mobo and probably your memory!
Also i wouldn't trust Seagate with a bargepole (though some do), i'd recommend a Samsung Spinpoint F3/F4.
I'd also recommend Corsair for PSU's, much stronger than OCZ in that department, perhaps a Builder/Ehtusiast or Pro series!
listen to this but maybe go i5

I built my gf & her twin a £500 budget pc with i3's and 5770's INCLUDING monitors/keyboards/mice/keyboards etc etc.
It can be done.

Try posting your spec on the overclockers forum in as a "spec me" thread on the general forums, they'll provide useful suggestions with current hardware/prices and may help with your decisions :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't have a monitor but can get a decent one for around £100 and yes I agree Windows 7 is certainly "gettable".

The graphics card I listed is better than the ATI cards, too, apparently. Will keep looking.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've been using the Novatech site and have mustered the following all as individual items :

• 2nd Generation Intel® Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz Socket LGA1155
  • MSI P67A-GD53 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) Motherboard
  • Corsair TX 650W V2 ATX2.31 80 PLUS® Bronze Power Supply
  • Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
  • Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
  • Samsung Spin Point F3 SATAII 1TB 32MB Cache Hard Drive <8.9ms 7200rpm
  • Zalman Z9 Plus Black Tower Case - With Fan Controller
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5
Comes to £670 including VAT.

Obviously I'll have to add a monitor on top of that, but it seems a decent enough spec. I just wonder if Novatech could assemble that for a small price or is it easy enough to DIY?

Opinions on that spec?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Easy enough to do by yourself, feel free to post or PM questions if you do decide to.

Good spec IMHO and a good choice of components, don't forget an optical drive though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Easy enough to do by yourself, feel free to post or PM questions if you do decide to.

Good spec IMHO and a good choice of components, don't forget an optical drive though.

Yeah completely missed that. Don't need a Bluray player as the PS3 does all that. Just a DVD/RW I guess. Cheap enough. Then a mouse and keyboard. Kinda off putting when you see some are £80 - £100. For a keyboard. Crazy.

That motherboard allows an automatic overclock, too. No idea what I'd be doing and I thought it was dependant on what RAM you've got and all that, so maybe worth leaving that alone.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...l1155p67chipsetmotherboards/p67a-gd53-b3.html

F82 M4
Mouse - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-B75-00115-Intellimouse-Explorer-3-0/dp/B000JVRFHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318283477&sr=8-1

Keyboard - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Sidewinder-X4-Keyboard-Layout/dp/B0037KLSS8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1318283515&sr=1-1

Perfect combination. You'll need a mouse mat as well, I suggest the Steelseries ones. I'm currently using a Steelseries S&S but it's a hard plastic one and most people prefer the cloth ones, completely down to personal preference mate.

F82 M4
Oh and finally mate, don't forget a decent set of Headphones if you're using it for gaming. Quite expensive to be a PC gamer isn't it? :cool: I'd recommend the Steelseries Siberia V2's, they're about £50-£60.
SteelSeries-Siberia-V2-USB.gif