ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much better is a trophy?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im considering getting a Trophy but how good is it compared to a 182 with sportlines or coilovers? Im not worried that it may be 0.0002secs slower round a track but generally as a car how does it compare

I'd pick the normal 182 over a trophy or a 182 with cheap coilovers you need to spend a fair but realy on supenion to make the setup better as such grip wise.

IMO the trophy isn't the right car for everyone and definatly not the one for me. I'd only buy one iof I fitted and did a few miles as they should hold there value a lot better than the normal 182 then aain the normal 182 as such are a lot cheaper so lower risk as such swings and roundabouts I guess.

Mk2 172
I agree. the trophy is more sought after but i wouldnt go and swap my 182 cup for one. i was offered one before i bought mine. I knew i was goin to put miles on the car and use it everyday which is why i didint get a trophy. They will only really hold there money if you really keep the mileage off them. it will cost you loads to change too!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i maybe could get 6.5k for my 182 and then get a trophy for 8.5k but i do 25000 miles a year so i dunno when to get rid of it

Ok I have been a member of the Seat cupra site for many years and I have owned both a cupra and cupra R (old shape).
If you are looking at the new shape Leon then surely you are looking to upsize your car to this kind of car size/weight.

If what I have gathered from my time over at meganesport is correct, then really, less is more. If you are looking at a Leon(which I like incedently) then surely you are moving away from the smaller fast handling hatches into something more comfortable?

Clio 172 mk2
I'd definately have a Trophy over the normal 182 as it is the better car

TBH with Trophy prices dipping under 10k I'm thinking of one myself:D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just put some H&R's on your 182 Riz.

Agreed! Part of the reason Trophy value's are holding up is the low mileage, stick 50-60k on one then have a look at the values. I personally think a Trophy with high miles will be more difficult to sell as it will be one of only a few with high miles, whereas there will be plenty of 182's with high miles.

Ad

MK2 FRS
There are a few trophies with 30k+ on the prices dont seem to be affected that much.

That said if I was doing 25k a year, I wouldnt buy one.