ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much can i get a 182 cup for?

PH2 172
I was thinking of getting a 182 ff with cup packs but have been drawn away by getting a racing blue 182 cup but im not sure how much i can get one for and cant seem to find many forsale.

Pistonheads.co.uk
Classified section theres a few cups on there
heaps of 182 ff..

And get what you feel is best.
Remember its u driving it and not peeps on here so dont be put off by neither
just weigh up the pro's and cons of each and go from there

VRS
182 cups are shite, i would go for a 182ff if you want the luxeries (xenons, leather/alcantara, air con. If you want a cup then go for a proper cup and get a 172cup

the 182cup is too wishy washy and not a true cup imo in terms of weight saving

182 cups are s**te...

Grow up, they're the same car minus a few extras you plankton. Just because you're rolling with your flickering xenons and vinyl chairs, don't make you no high roller :D

TBH the FF is better value if you get a goodun, but in defense of the Cup, there is less to go wrong (and lots of these 'toys' do go wrong) yet it still has some damn good kit for a car of it's standing. Cruise control, speed limiter & AC are included, so it's hardly "shite" IMO. The headlights are actually better at lighting the road up than the xenons, although obviously the xenons look better.

My mate has a 182FF, and TBH he has more issues with his 'toys' than I've ever had in my Cup. Don't be fooled by things like auto-wipers BTW. They're not auto at all. They come on when it starts raining but after that is anyones guess. In my experience you'll be fiddling with the stalk far more than in the Cup. The climate control was basically just buttons instead of a dial, and had to be adjusted more often than my AC to keep a decent temperature. Auto lights are good if you're incapable of knowing when it's dark.

The FF has a slightly nicer interior. Better door trims, nicer trimmed seats (the same seats otherwise minus side airbags) and a more sporty steering wheel. The Cup steering wheel is still leather, although both items are s**t, and will melt.

Anyway those are just some quick opinions from someone who's lived in both cars extensively. The 182Cup definitely has a slightly lower quality feel to it, but the FF is hardly a limo, even if you can roll with "xenons blazin yo" :boring:

I'd take a good Cup over a mediocre FF, but there's plenty out there to choose from and they're all quite cheap. FF makes more sense as long as you know there are downsides. Incidentally, not one person on CS will agree with anything I've just typed, so feel free to ignore it. I just can't afford xenons you see. Roffle :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Grow up, they're the same car minus a few extras you plankton. Just because you're rolling with your flickering xenons and vinyl chairs, don't make you no high roller :D
Early morning roffle. Totally agree TBF. I prefer non-xenons, it's still got air-con, and externally looks identical. One thing I've said before, is regardig the steering wheel. I prefer it to the FF wheel. It doesn't have the (made of cheese) thumb grips, but it's a thinner rim, and slightly smaller too. Nicer to use. Woudln't buy one on the grounds of weight loss though.

yea get a cup the only reason i got one over the ff was cuse of the colour.

TBF the 182Cup never came in an exclusive colour. Mistake by Renault IMO. If they wanted it to have any real credibilty they should have made Inferno & RB Cup exclusives. Saying that, they were probably both available when the Cup was launched.

TBH CS is littered with cnuts who just upgraded from a Saxo to a 182 and think it's a Maybach. Cup is the same car with less to go wrong and cheaper. Period.

VRS
lol i will rephrase my shite comment then ;)

it is early afterall :rasp:

imo its not worth getting a 182 cup over a 172 cup as imo the 172 is the better of the 2

when buying new i see the appeal of the 182cup over the full fat with the price difference but as they stand now at basically the same price i dont see why you would pick the lower specced car when there arent really any weightsaving 'cup' benefits

oh and lol @ "Just because you're rolling with your flickering xenons and vinyl chairs, don't make you no high roller"

i love a bit of stuntin with the xenons but cant see how anyone driving a clio could be a high roller lol, wanna buy a full fat im selling ;)

No one cares about your xenons though. It's written on here at least 100 times a day. Only you care about them. All anyone else sees is a tin box, just the same as the Cup ;)

VRS
No one cares about your xenons though. It's written on here at least 100 times a day. Only you care about them. All anyone else sees is a tin box, just the same as the Cup ;)

lol, my age is showing anyway, im appreciating the car more now its on standard cup suspension, the coilies and buckets are off and the standard exhaust and cat are back on, im growing old and loving the soft quiet ride to work in the morning :D

Renaultsport 200
Get the FF. Why anyone would want a poverty stricken car (in comparison to the FF I mean Munson before you start) for road going use is beyond me. If your going on track then a cup might help you shave some time off the lap.

Get a FF and get one thats been specced well.

FLOL at poverty stricken, you automotive leper. Have you even been in one? When driving along there's practically no difference at all, unless you spend your time looking at your passenger seat. I get what you mean, and I largely agree, but using terms like "poverty stricken" you just leave yourself wide open to get Munsoned.

Renaultsport 200
FLOL at poverty stricken, you automotive leper. Have you even been in one? When driving along there's practically no difference at all, unless you spend your time looking at your passenger seat. I get what you mean, and I largely agree, but using terms like "poverty stricken" you just leave yourself wide open to get Munsoned.

Yes, I have owned one all be it for a short period because it was utter dross (i must have got a bad one). If you largley agree then how have I left myself wide open?

Also notice how I said compared to the FF the cup is poverty stricken, I stand by my remark..... it is. Check the spec sheets for the car.

For a so called stripped down car its alright I guess for luxuries, but compare it with an FF and it's lacking for no real performance gain at all. Or nothing that you will notice on a road anyway. Which brings me to my final point of my last post. If its only road use the car is for, why sacrifice toys (or more toys if it makes you happy munson) for the sake of a tenth of a second or so to 60?

Last edited:
  Focus ST
16 posts of arguing and nobody has suggested a price yet? Why does everything cup related spiral into a debate about who's car is better and who has the biggest penis

Fish about mate and you can pick a minte low miler up for around the 5k mark... Less if you're prepared to travel and bide your time

Golf 7R
Do people actually read threads anymore, or is just a place to vent there anger and talk pants ...

The guy want a 182 FFs, not a 172 Cup ( which he owns, check profile and funnily enough his profile name! )

There are loads on Pistonheads at the moment, a nice RB IIRC.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
TBH the prices are very similar.

Dont go to tk-max

Go to m&s and get the full fat.The others just thought they were heroe's when they bought theres.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Poverty stricken? Roffles. And waffles.
Cruise control, speed limiter, air con, steering mounted stereo controls. Not even going to mention that the FF xenons can cost more to replace than the suspension refurb on a Trophy (which every fool uses at justification to not buy a Trophy).

PH2 172
Im still unsure of what to do either sell the 172 cup and get a 182 or keep the 172 cup then next year sell it for the integra dc5 decisions!!

SchwepTek™

TBH the FF is better value if you get a goodun, but in defense of the Cup, there is less to go wrong (and lots of these 'toys' do go wrong) yet it still has some damn good kit for a car of it's standing. Cruise control, speed limiter & AC are included, so it's hardly "s**te" IMO. The headlights are actually better at lighting the road up than the xenons, although obviously the xenons look better.

My mate has a 182FF, and TBH he has more issues with his 'toys' than I've ever had in my Cup. Don't be fooled by things like auto-wipers BTW. They're not auto at all. They come on when it starts raining but after that is anyones guess. In my experience you'll be fiddling with the stalk far more than in the Cup. The climate control was basically just buttons instead of a dial, and had to be adjusted more often than my AC to keep a decent temperature. Auto lights are good if you're incapable of knowing when it's dark.

The FF has a slightly nicer interior. Better door trims, nicer trimmed seats (the same seats otherwise minus side airbags) and a more sporty steering wheel. The Cup steering wheel is still leather, although both items are s**t, and will melt.

Anyway those are just some quick opinions from someone who's lived in both cars extensively. The 182Cup definitely has a slightly lower quality feel to it, but the FF is hardly a limo, even if you can roll with "xenons blazin yo" :boring:

I'd take a good Cup over a mediocre FF, but there's plenty out there to choose from and they're all quite cheap. FF makes more sense as long as you know there are downsides. Incidentally, not one person on CS will agree with anything I've just typed, so feel free to ignore it. I just can't afford xenons you see. Roffle :eek:

Very well said my man! I have buckets in mine so dont care about the vinyl and have added xenons mainly coz they look cool LOL.

Other than that there is no difference.

Crusty, you can have mine as it is with all the mods for £6k. ;)

I wouldnt get a 182 Cup. Pointless exercise. Either get the good 182 or get a 172. Dont buy the pikey version of the 182 and then attempt to defend it by claiming you dont want the extras.

"Yeh, I bought a little terraced house because I didnt need all that room in a mansion, and its just more to decorate"

Hush your gums and admit you bought the runt of the litter! ;)

Yes, I have owned one all be it for a short period because it was utter dross (i must have got a bad one). If you largley agree then how have I left myself wide open?

Also notice how I said compared to the FF the cup is poverty stricken, I stand by my remark..... it is. Check the spec sheets for the car.

For a so called stripped down car its alright I guess for luxuries, but compare it with an FF and it's lacking for no real performance gain at all. Or nothing that you will notice on a road anyway. Which brings me to my final point of my last post. If its only road use the car is for, why sacrifice toys (or more toys if it makes you happy munson) for the sake of a tenth of a second or so to 60?

I meant I agree that the FF is the better all round car, but not if you get one where all the 'toys' are broken or don't work properly. You left yourself wide open by using the term poverty stricken, because it's just a childish thing to say. Compared to the almight FF!!!11111 then yes I agree, it is a shed. Even more of a shed than the unbeatable FF.

SchwepTek™
I wouldnt get a 182 Cup. Pointless exercise. Either get the good 182 or get a 172. Dont buy the pikey version of the 182 and then attempt to defend it by claiming you dont want the extras.

"Yeh, I bought a little terraced house because I didnt need all that room in a mansion, and its just more to decorate"

Hush your gums Suga or i'll come over there!

Roffle good fishing danielle :D

Personally I bought my Cup because it was cheaper at the time. I've also since learnt first hand that all these magical toys are actually shite. That's my motivation for commenting :D

Ta ;)

I wouldnt get a Cup as I like xenons and I dont like the seats. Even ive got leather/alcantara, I dont fancy a downgrade in the seating department.

What else dont you get? Steering wheel? Theyre all too big anyway so thats not really a point. Engine cover? Bothered. Its just a mess of grease and oil under there anyway. The auto stuff? Not sure id use that anyway. Lights probably more so than the wipers.

106 GTi
Ta ;)

I wouldnt get a Cup as I like xenons and I dont like the seats. Even ive got leather/alcantara, I dont fancy a downgrade in the seating department.

What else dont you get? Steering wheel? Theyre all too big anyway so thats not really a point. Engine cover? Bothered. Its just a mess of grease and oil under there anyway. The auto stuff? Not sure id use that anyway. Lights probably more so than the wipers.

You have even got leather that feels like leather unlike that crap they put in the 182 !

In answer to the original question.

If you bought one on here with cs prices i would say 4-5k.

If you bought it @ a garage or from a clued up enthusiast i would say around 5-6k.

Havnt got the latest Glasses guide so cant tell you the book prices.