ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much did you pay for your 197?

Just wondering how much people payed for their 197 new from renault dealer?

Also if anyone could give me a rough idea how much i could get one for with 172 cup p/x?

Thanks

Was that coming to a deal or did they just offer that? Would the p/x price be lower if the price of a new car was alot cheaper if you know what i mean?

Does anyone know if they have a minimum price to sell for?

Black Gold with cup packs
If you get a good deal on the clio, and I mean a good deal like I did, say 4k off asking price, you cannot expect to get a good price p/ex they will give you bottom end
I had £4500 for my mk2 172
put then I only paid £8500 for my 197 cup after p/ex

Yeah thats what i thought, id like to think they will give me a good deal as they do want the sale and i want the car so surely a decent compremise is likely.

Lotus Elise 111R
Depends on your dealer....

I went in for an R26 meggie, he would'nt go below 18k and offered me 4k in p/x for my 03 ff 172. He thought that was a good deal... Suffice to say I decided against it!

PS He thought it was a good deal BTW!

Lotus Elise 111R
^^ or in my case, give away my car, and get practically nothing of the list price!!! w*****s, it so winds me up!!

Black Gold with cup packs
If you want a good deal phone Alex Levington at Evans Halshaw at Stoney Gate Vardy. Great guy as well.

i will go into renault tommorrow and try get a price after p/xing mine.

and tips on getting a good deal?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
alex has the following he wants shifted asap

Racing Blue 197 Cup with A/C
Nimbus 197 Cup
White 197 Cup with Black Alloys
White 197 Cup with A/C
White 197 Cup with Recaros

Clio 197 F1 R27
I bought a 197 F1 in Liquid Yellow with Xenons brand spanking new:

£13,995 Car
£1200 Liquid Yellow Paint
£400 Xenons

So £15,595 all in, pretty much the price of a stock 197, my local dealers had a deal on in Sept.

R27
I got an Ultra Red R27 with Xenons For £12,500 !!!!

And was offered 10.5K for my 225, lost a bit of money on the PX but the price of the Clio made up for it. :):):):)

Lotus Elise 111R
^^ or in my case, give away my car, and get practically nothing of the list price!!! w**kers, it so winds me up!!

Yeah not a good deal mate go further afield always worth it if you are getting a great car!

My experience of 3 dealers this time put me off Renault tbh for this changeover. I was toying with an R26 after taking one round Spa, but when I went to buy one it was the same old story as when I went to buy my 172, (which I ended up buying privately).

Sold privately, and bought a Lotus, they were more accomodating!

It is like everything, it you have a good one, you would probably never go anywhere else, that is how I like to do my business, but Renault dealers just don't offer it sadly, given that the cars are just so GREAT!!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
We got a LY R27 with climate control inc. auto lights and wiper, and electric folding mirrors for £16200 including 12 months tax.

could have got it about £400 cheaper but i would have had to wait for it to be built, this one was already in the country

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I ordered a Racing Blue 197 with Cup Pack & Folding Mirrors a couple of weeks ago for March delivery - Paid £13500.
I have a 172 Cup that I was going to p/x but was only offered £4400 for it (53 Reg with 37000 miles in excellent condition) so i'm selling it privately instead.

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
alex has the following he wants shifted asap

Racing Blue 197 Cup with A/C
Nimbus 197 Cup
White 197 Cup with Black Alloys
White 197 Cup with A/C
White 197 Cup with Recaros

Very interested in that white cup with recaro's! :)

Whats his price for that?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Hey not all Renault dealers are bad:mad:

I grant you there are a lot of out there who don't know much about the product/pricing etc.

But, like me, there are also a minority (it has to be said) that work incredibly hard to maintain the image of the brand (Renault) and offer strong deals on the cars we all love....

From a dealers point of view it is an absolute pleasure to deal with RenaultSport customers because you know your stuff..

..but its annoying to think that most people see the dealer as an enemy!?

Sorry for the rant

They are going to phone me back tomorrow afternoon with a price.

They reckon they can do 0% finance too but they cant move the price much with this, but if i had finance with another company then they can lower the price, but then you are paying extra anyway cos of the finance.

I will find out tomorrow anyway, standard price comes to about £18k with the extras, just hope they can get that down a fair bit and get a reasonable price for my cup p/x.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Naturally you wanna be paying sub £15k for the 197 - seen as R27s could be had for £14k heh. Just a tip, there is a guy on eBay selling his 56 plate red 197 for £9,995 - apparently looking to part ex it for a Cup... It's Red, Climate, 21k miles so just run in - maybe worth a look, save yourself a wedge?

Dan