ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOW MUCH DO MY WHEELS WEIGH

Mondeo STTDCI

Need to know how much a 17" OZ Super T weighs, wrapped in 205/40 tyres. Think thats the tyre size lol!

how about get jack your car up, take a wheel off and weigh it!! unless you havent got these wheels, in which case just ignore me!;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I know the standard mk2 172 alloy + tyre = 17KGs (just under)

I will be intersted to find this out too to see how much saving you would make changing to either 16" or 17" super Ls

Mondeo STTDCI

right, well according to wheelweights.net the wheels weigh 23lbs. Now to find a conversion site...and add a couple of kgs for tyres...

Mondeo STTDCI

Right well wheel weights MUST be wrong as 23lbs is like 10.5 kgs...ad unless tyres weight like...well the same its got to be wrong!

They weight more than the 16s on a 172 surely so they are over 17kgs

Mondeo STTDCI

I dunno about light. they deffo weigh loads more than my 15s. loads more. think im gonna be borrowing the missus scales tomorrow unless someone comes up with the answer!

just looking at differnces between super Ts and superlegeras

in an 18" wheels (chosen as only size shown for both wheels on wheelspecs site)

Ts 26lb 11.8kg

Ls 17.6lb 8kg

well my Orange mountain bike with Pace front suspension forks and mavic rims weighs a touch under 26lbs so u can take that as a rough guide weight lol