ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much do you pay for Sky/Virgin?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
The person that used to do it (who did it for me) was called Nadine or something

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was offered sky q full package for 30 quid for a year... No second box with the package though. :(

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
£35 a month for Sky Q with sports and movies, plus a second box. That's for the 2tb box too.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Just cancelled my sky. Piss taking b******s! £30 for Sky Q, Sports and Movies if you are a new customer, yet £54 for me for just sports and HD with my shitty old box ...... no ta, i'll pass thanks!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im paying 65-70 a month for virgin. Are there any tricks to getting it cheaper ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Nearly had the friends and family discount for 12 months now. Bit w**k that it's an 18 month contract, but the discount only last for 12 months. Means my current deal will go from 45 a month, upto 80 :(

Will 100% be cancelling after 18 months is up though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You want another code @james24785 ? Might need to change the name or something as you've just had it. I'll fire you an email if you pm me your address.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Went online and even with 50%.
Internet. Sports only. (in HD) it was at about £100!! That wasn't even with BT sports on top. Their internet was £35 alone to get any decent speed and unlimited!

Listerine & Poledo
Went online and even with 50%.
Internet. Sports only. (in HD) it was at about £100!! That wasn't even with BT sports on top. Their internet was £35 alone to get any decent speed and unlimited!
how did you even manage that? Did you spec up 8 Sky Q boxes?
upload_2016-11-15_12-45-34.png

50% off of that.

But, seriously, if you want BT Sport, just get BT Broadband then use the option to view on your Sky boxes instead. It will be cheaper that way.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I got the following last night for £65 p/m:

Boxsets Bundle
Q Multiscreen
2 Mini Boxes
Q 2TB Main Box
Sky Fibre Max (upto approx. 80MB)
Line rental with 35% discount for 12 months
Telephone 7pm-7am & weekends free for 1 hour

They discounted the upfront cost a fair bit as well. Fairly happy with that considering it first started at £77 p/m. 50% TV deals are supposed to end this week apparently.

Listerine & Poledo
supposed to end this week.

Keyword highlighted.

There'll be another promotion come out that equates to very nearly the same, just via a different mechanic. All part of advertising regulations.

Just you may have to get a pre-paid mastercard, or a TV instead of lowered bills.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yeah I know, there is always some kind of deal on, although i'd prefer cheaper bills over a TV.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Moving into new house soon, so weighing up Sky or Virgin. Does anyone know of any good deals? Looking for:
Half decent Internet
TV (Movies and Sports)
X2 boxes

Had a rough look and seems £90 is the norm, which seems a huge amount to me!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Sky, £80ish, unlimited fibre & calls eve/weekend, full TV package. Never had a problem in six years, would never go back to BT even if they paid me CS is shite. Virgin don’t seem to get good feedback either.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sky, £80ish, unlimited fibre & calls eve/weekend, full TV package. Never had a problem in six years, would never go back to BT even if they paid me CS is shite. Virgin don’t seem to get good feedback either.

From what i’ve seen on the packages.. the internet speeds look pretty slow?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had phone, 70 mbps Broadband, sky with all sports and movies for free including like rental until recently.

I've to pay £27 a month for it all now which is still good but not as good as free ?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I had phone, 70 mbps Broadband, sky with all sports and movies for free including like rental until recently.

I've to pay £27 a month for it all now which is still good but not as good as free ?

How?? I’d happily pay that!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I work for a "compare the market" style company and am partnered up with sky, talktalk and virgin - new customer's PM me ;) Also existing customers who are out of contract with a bad renewal price normally worse than the new customer deals, I have a workaround or two!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I work for a "compare the market" style company and am partnered up with sky, talktalk and virgin - new customer's PM me ;) Also existing customers who are out of contract with a bad renewal price normally worse than the new customer deals, I have a workaround or two!
PM me, please!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Virgin Media

XL Tv package
V6 box (Livingroom)
Tivo box (Bedroom)
Free weekend calls & free landline calls
100meg Broadband

Was paying £93 with 200meg, Dropped it down to 100meg, done some Scottish moaning and now only paying something like £52/54 a month.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Currently on £52 per month, that's for sky q with two boxes everything bar sports (not interested) no broadband.. we also pay £19 to voda for the internet and phone line which isn't used at all!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Currently on £52 per month, that's for sky q with two boxes everything bar sports (not interested) no broadband.. we also pay £19 to voda for the internet and phone line which isn't used at all!

So £70 without sports (the most expensive thing) isn’t that good!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd check the contract. Ours was 50 quid a month for 12 months, but then went to 100 a month. Problem is it was an 18 month contract, so had 6 months of 100 quid

Yeah I did mate, 12 months of discount, 12 month contract. It was a bloke on FB who set me up, and he said to contact him at 11 months to sort me out. Just as I signed up to this, my mum managed to get everything on sky for £62!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd check the contract. Ours was 50 quid a month for 12 months, but then went to 100 a month. Problem is it was an 18 month contract, so had 6 months of 100 quid

Yeah I did mate, 12 months of discount, 12 month contract. It was a bloke on FB who set me up, and he said to contact him at 11 months to sort me out. Just as I signed up to this, my mum managed to get everything on sky for £62!