ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much does paint fade in 5 years?

I'm after a bumper respray (part of it is peeling) I have been quoted £200 or so for it sanding and respray (pretty good price I think) but on ebay I can get one used and spray to a colour (if I supply my paint code which is flame red) am I right in thinking though, even though my car is flame red it could well be quite noticable given the fact the bumper is new and the paint on my car is 5 year old? And a spray shop could get a better match as they can go by whats in front of them, and not a paint code? Or wont the colour have changed much at all in 5 years?

Ta all.

Evo 6, E92 320d
A freshly painted bumper will prob look a bit richer colourwise but not alot, best bet is to give your car a damn good polish and wax to freshen the body work up.

106 GTi
Modern metallic clearcoated cars, very little.

Any decent bodyshop will have a range of paint chips to get the best possible match though.

Thanks guys, nice guide in that link typefern, mine could do with that all over :) .
I'm just wondering which to do, bid on the one on ebay, hopefully I can get it and spray it with my paint code for £200 or less then have my old peeling bumper free to sell, or just get mine resprayed (been quoted £200). Will go for the option which is going to give me best match vs price saved.