ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much does your clio cost you a month?

133/225/CLS AMG
Seems quite a few go for finance nowadays. Those that do...do you hand it back or buy it outright after the payments have finished?

Pay for mine outright, I don't like the idea of the whole 'balloon payment' at the end so you either buy the car for whatever the remainder is or give it back!!! I wanna buy my car not rent it. :( even if it does cost a bit more per month.

My Clio 172 I bought new for £12.5k and took out a loan on it with the lowest interest I could, so worked out ok.

For my Megane 225, my parents leant me the cash which I pay off on a direct debit at £300 a month.

Either way, I can afford monthly paymens that are fairly high but I didn't have a spare £16,500 for my Megane! :(

Nothing, paid for the cars just over 2 years ago.

Other bills for it total about £220 a month I'd guess for fuel service etc.

a burnt one
Can someone please explain to a thicko like me the difference between finance and a loan?

I know finance is what the dealer gives you and the bank gives a loan.

Both you pay back... right?

so how come people are taking out loans to buy their car outright? are they paying pack £000.00 per month?

M

Mark E-J

I OWN MY CAR

insurance costs me £145 a month coz i have 2 cars

petrol costs me around £80 a month

repairs cost me at the moment 150 in parts so far mot is due aswell and needs another £200 spent to pass

Trophy #267
Can someone please explain to a thicko like me the difference between finance and a loan?

I know finance is what the dealer gives you and the bank gives a loan.

Both you pay back... right?

so how come people are taking out loans to buy their car outright? are they paying pack £000.00 per month?

Personal loan = you independantly get a bank / building society / parents to lend you the money and then your responsible to spend it how you wish and pay it back
Finance = (usually by people you get the vehicle from / agent) where they own the vehicle and as you pay it off it slowly becomes yours. A sortof secured loan where if you fail to repay them they take your pride and joy.
Finance is easier to get as is less risk for the lender as they can get something back from the goods. A loan requires you to have a better credit rating as is larger risk.

This month
Finance £250
Insurance £480 (one lump sum )
Petrol ~£100
Cleaning product = Freebies as missus works for chemical co that make em :)

none, just walk
is it just me or is there a lot of insurance renewals this month? haha

also people seem to be paying roughly a 100 pm for insurance so that means their insurance is over a grand?!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
insurance was just inside £2k, but monthly cost is £180 on the loan and about £130 worth of petrol. Add on top all the other bits like services and stuff that it needs. Ouchy.

this mont

Car: is pwnd outright (did borrow from the bank of mum/dad inlaw)
12k Service: £147.98
MOT: £40 (Passed 1st time!)
Petrol: £140
Insurance works out to £27.50 pm, but paid yearly

Normally, its just the petrol.