ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for 12k service

Just been phoned by dealer who has my car saying the service will cost £180. Sounds a bit steep. Is this right or should I ask for some £ off?

I Have Just Paid Apx £127.00 for the Cars First Services 12,000miles in South Wales!!!!

Ps

£27.00 of that Was for Oil

I was quoted £165 for a 172 as they do not list a service cost for ther CUP - they said they will deduct the cost of parts and labour that dont count, eg:- pollen filter, ABS, Aircon etc

I paid £191 at Dales in Cornwall. Included a pollen filter and I had a two pack touch up paint stick as well. I thought that was expensive plus I am still waiting for them to contact me for delivery of a new washer bottle as mine is split. Still they did say they would see if that could be done under warrenty. Good of em innit???

Ive got our cup (well my wifes in reality) booked in at the new Coop garage in Hadyn Rd Nottingham, for its first 12k service.I actually forgot to ask how much it would be... well when youre rollng in it!!!!.Actually hope I dont get ripped off. Has anyone had any dealings with this place? I assume its the same set up as Ilkeston Rd.

Weve had no trouble to speak of,and are really pleased with it, its done just over 9ksince jan 14th.The only thing I do notice is the front brakes seem to be overly noisy just before you pull up almost like a noisy wheel bearing,has anyone else had this effect?

Cheers for any input.

Steve S.

Thanks for the feedback.

btw £180 is more than my old P1 cost for a minor 7.5k service.

Anyway theyve pointed out Ive got a cut in my o/s/rear tyre sidewall where it meets the lip of alloy. Query do I need to change it? Im concerned that it might go next time Im hooning it (which wont be long :))

Fronts are coming up for change so I might as well get new ones all round. Anyone know how much tyres are gonna set me back?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Someone should make a "dealer map" that shows pricing and adresses.

Quote: Originally posted by CornishJim on 15 December 2003

I paid £191 at Dales in Cornwall. Included a pollen filter and I had a two pack touch up paint stick as well. I thought that was expensive plus I am still waiting for them to contact me for delivery of a new washer bottle as mine is split. Still they did say they would see if that could be done under warrenty. Good of em innit???
Dales charged me about £170 something. And it took them weeks to get hold of a water bottle BUT they did replace it under warranty, my car was about 15 months old at the time. Did you go to Scorrier or the Summercourt branch?

Cupdriver,

I didnt realise the Cup had a rear wiper. The Ragnotti doesnt!

To teel the truth, I really miss a rear wiper now that winter is here.

I wonder if there are any other differences...