ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a new clutch?

?
Apparently my clutch is on its way out...

Car is a mk2ph1 1.2 8v clio

How much am i looking at for a new clutch? Im gnna phone around some garages to get some quotes but can someone give me a rough price on everything so i dont get ripped off?

Cheers,

Ahmed

BMW M135i
Apparently? Whats it doing? Slipping? Probably the easiest one to do on a diet engine at least.

?
Any ideas on a price guys? Apparently its on its way out but obviously hasnt completely gone yet so my dads insisting it get changed asap.

BMW M135i
You'd know if it was gone though, they don't really start on their way out. They start slipping then get worse.

I'd guess around £300 or so but i'm not convinced it wants doing as you'd know 100% if it did. One of these £200 clutch change places would probably be your best bet.

yer i used to have a 1.2 8v and my cluth was slipping... cost me £250 to have it sorted its the expensive labour cost just phone a couple of garages near you and just try and get best price.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Ring up Topgear in St Albans Ahmed, and say a friend recommended you to them, they shld give u a discount.

?
Just been to 2 different garages both have said my clutch is absolutely fine !!! The clutch cable could be replaced but they said even thats down to personal preferenance it will just make it slightly smoother.