ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much for a new winscreen

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
done a quick search but cant find anything.
just getting an idea how much a new front screen for my 182 is.
cheers rob

Cup In bits
Poverty spec screen -al la 172 cup or 1.2 etc is a lot cheaper (circa £100) than the tinted version (circa £200)

172 Cup
Poverty spec screen -al la 172 cup or 1.2 etc is a lot cheaper (circa £100) than the tinted version (circa £200)

I got my 172 cup screen brand new for £30 and £30 to get it fitted! Shop around, little local glass companies is where I got mine for cheap

Cup In bits
Yeah I can get one fitted for less than £100 too but that's around the retail prices for them, not worth noting your insurance in some casses.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
A 182 screen with auto wipers is around £337.38 + VAT from renault

RB Clio 182
I got one through my insurance company ~£75 fitted.

Doesnt normally effect your no claims either so this is the way to go imo.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
cheers for all your replys.
i did look at the insurance route but it is tied in with my no claims not separte like most.
i will do some shopping around to see what i can find
cheers rob

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I wanted to replace mine but trying to find a windscreen with the OEM purple coloured tint is near impossible from anywhere other than Renault and I'm not paying £430 or whatever it was they wanted. I couldn't have a standard clear screen as it would do my head in that it's not how it should be.

RB Clio 182
Was that for one with a rain sensor etc too? I think my excess is £75.

Yes mate, its exactly the same, it even has the clear square at the bottom centre of the screen too.

I wanted to replace mine but trying to find a windscreen with the OEM purple coloured tint is near impossible from anywhere other than Renault and I'm not paying £430 or whatever it was they wanted. I couldn't have a standard clear screen as it would do my head in that it's not how it should be.

As above mate, im sure mine is an exact copy or a genuine one and im sure its got the same tint too, as its got the clear square near the bottom of the windscreen in the centre.

Last edited:
  PH2 Flamer
For toll booths, gps signals etc. the windscreen has a uv coating which blocks these. So that patch has no coating, letting the signals through.

1.2 clio
I had mine done a couple of months ago got it done for £125 on my 172. All depends on who you go with all the big company's charge mega money like auto glass, I looked in the yellow pages for a small company done the exact same job for twice as less.