ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a respray

The Jinx

Just wondering (after seeing Yozs purrrfect valver (git)) how much a full respray would be? Ballpark figure.

Mine certainly needs the front end re-soing at some point as its cankered in tiny stone chips, plus the bonnets got a fvcked bit in it, and theres a few annoying dings.

If I took it for a full re-spray would they prep the body as well? Theres a couple of rust spots developing ysee.

looking at 700 from the place im takin my car, do a search on forum for the lad who had his whole car done for 700 quid, cant remember his user name tho, and it was in NW!

The Jinx

Thats well cheap! I was expecting over £1.5k or something.

Is that likely to include tidying evrything up a bit, like dents and rust?

Similar theme.... hypothetically, supposing I had a slight, but annoying scratch on the bonnet of my shiny new cup that some hand fisted ass at reno must have tried to buff up with a wire wool or nearest equivalent. What would be the best way of dealing with this..... is a touch up spray available in mondial blue or would a coloured polish do the trick? If so, what is a good polish to use? As always, would be greatful for your thoughts.....

full blowover 500quid,depends what else youd need.
For touch ups you could prob get that down to 400quid but depends what you want.
Colour changes are silly money really as a lot more has to be done!

£1500

for colour change
fit rear bumper
de-lock doors
de-strip doors
fit 16v wingsfit bonnet vent
take out ne dents
fix rear archs

not bad i would say

The Jinx

Ta.

Might give this much consideration as I was expecting it to be pointless on such a cheapo car.

Would this be an everything out job or just taping up and doing what you can see.