ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for major service and bearing doing

Cars on 44,000 and i think a bearing needs changing. I've always had services done earlier then need be and as its going in i might aswell get it done. How much roughly is it though?

Whats involved in the major service? Do i even need it yet or would i best just leaving it longer? How much for a wheel bearing changed?
Cheers(i've got a 1.6 16v 2001 clio)

At 5 yeears old you'll need the cambelt doing so that £300 or so. A servixe between £150 and £200.
Which wheel bearing do you things gone the front ones arn't that bad a new bearings cheap its the labout to take it off get a new bearing pushed in and refittted. I'd loook at a second hand hub and fit it yourself its not much £30~40 you'r looking at to pay for a second hand one.

Evoo said:
£300 for a cam belt change on a 1.6? That's more than a 172!
Its not that much easier realy anway try find dealers to do cambelts for £300 and you might have trouble.