ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Much Is Breaking A Clio Likely To Raise?

RB 182
I see quite a lot of Clios been broken for parts, and wondered what kind of money you could expect to end up with?

Say the car is worth £1300 as a running motd car, will you likely earn more in parts?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If everything works on the car, nothing is damaged, you can get £2000 for it in bits.

It's certainly not worth the grief imo. If you can get £1300 for it as a whole car or £2000 for breaking it, I know for a fact i'd be selling whole!

Take out ebay fees, postage, people not turning up, your many hours spent stripping it, the state of your driveway whilst doing it.... It really is a dreadful past time.

Plus a 1000 messages asking "what's the cheapest you can do it for?"

If you state no offers cheapest you can do, you will still get messages offering less.

Van
If everything works on the car, nothing is damaged, you can get £2000 for it in bits.

It's certainly not worth the grief imo. If you can get £1300 for it as a whole car or £2000 for breaking it, I know for a fact i'd be selling whole!

Take out ebay fees, postage, people not turning up, your many hours spent stripping it, the state of your driveway whilst doing it.... It really is a dreadful past time.

Nail on the head, although maybe a tad optimistic on price. Spec dependent though i suppose

Only certain cars are worth "selective breaking", and unfortunately a standardish Clio isn't one of them.