ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is it worth?

Clio 1.8 16V
I have a M reg Valver in blue, 90k on the clock, quite a bit of history. It has no MOT due to loose steering, the coloum needs sorting at the bottom joint. Tax runs out next month.

I'm skint so have to sell up. How much is it worth like this, roughly, or do you think I should fix it and get it through the MOT?

Clio 1.8 16V
A bit mor detail...

Standard apart from magnex backbox (looks standard though, nothing big and chavy.)

Good condition for age

90K(ish) on the clock - Genuine.

Some history.

Clifford Cat 1 Alarm. cost me £400ish

Will include my Amp, Sub, Parcel shelf speakers (I have a standard parcel shelf for those not wanting them) and uprated standard speakers. Cost £250ish

Tax till March.

car has electric windows, sunroof, Remote Central Locking, electric mirrors, PAS front fogs and oil gauges. (all standard as you'll know)

Good bodywork (some little prangs from car parks and average stone chips)

standard ph2 alloys (1 or 2 center caps missing) with four fairly new tyres with lots of tread.

Gearbox was replaced last year with a reconditioned one and engine serviced at the same time (new gasket set, seals, rings etc) also new front discs last year and pads all round. Cost me well over £1000!

Car runs awsome, pulls like it should, brakes are great and handles well. No smoke and doesnt over use oil like most this age do.

Car has hardly been used since last year due to company car.

The car has NO MOT, due to the steering. The coloulm has worn so has too much play. This is a common problem. The lower joint grinds away and becomes loose. Most people fix this by re-welding. Ebay normally have quite a few going for about 30 quid each. Its a weekend job (I helped my mate last summer change his in a 172 which is much harder)

The car is still drivable and still handles well.. You just have to over compensate the play.

I have no space to fix this myself and no pennies to pay someone else to do it. The car has been stood for a few months now so the time has come to move on.

I have had the car for 3 years and has been awsome. I used it to travel to St. Andrews and back (700 mile round trip) quite frequntly before the company car came and it never let me down.

PICS TO FOLLOW.

silver valver/hybrid
hard to say without seeing it, but valvers don't go for much these days with no mot and little tax you are looking at £900-1600 as ball park.

Clio 1.8 16V
Thanks, I was thinking about 700 - 1000, as im skint and need some cash.. or a smaller engined car.

car? need a license 1st!
Get some pics up and we'll give u a better idea.. what colour is it?? blue??

I'd say around the 700-1k mark as you said, but that really is a ballpark figure

Trophy
If that is all it's failed the mot on you might as well fix it and then sell it with 12 months ticket.
I can supply you with a column.
In it's current state you will only get about £500, fixed you will get about £1000.
I can supply and fit the column for £50.

Mat.