ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

R26R, 172, S2k
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

i have a 04 FF with cup pack 45k on her, it black gold just had belts/service/new tyres/detailed/carbon .

Last edited by a moderator:
  fabia vrs

Is it a good time to swap the dci for a 182 ?? prob is get s**t offer's p/x'ing !! Its an 04 plate with under 35 on the clock what should i be getting in a stright swap ?? 04 ff 182 ?? :D

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Need help Selling!

Hi all, Ive been on here a fair few months now, currently owning a MK1 RT, im 21 in Feb and going to be buying a 172 FF. In order to get a 172 i need to shift my current pride and joy as space is an issue round my way.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=676578&l=3ac25&id=280300937

The Spec:

1.4 RT 5door
101k miles :(
Colour coded Side strips
Alloys with 4 decent tyres
Lowered 40mm all round KTEC
Peco CAT Back exhaust
Williams Spoiler
Sony CD Player with speakers to match
Full service History
All common problems sorted(leaky roof sorted, noises, creaks, rattles all sorted-hours of misery long gone!)
Reliable, Starts every time, Happy Times

I would appreciate your comments as to whether you think £900 sterling is fair price for it for someone as a first run around.

Comments welcome,

Adam :D

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster

Thats what i thought, Just needed someone elses opinion. Thanks AlexS! :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Hi guys, im thinking of putting the Phase 1 back up for sale for no other reason than i fancy a 182/Trophy perhaps.

Although i think ill wait til after Xmas/New Year as no one really wants to buy cars at the moment i understand. My question is, do you think there will still be interest in the Phase 1's with the price of 182's tumbling down so quickly?

I had it up for sale a few months ago and got a fantastic response (the mileage is really low for the year) and in, what can only be described as fantastic condition with every receipt and invoice present. All the belts done at 45k and 8 service stamps with paper work to back this up.

What do you guys think? Should i keep it till it dies then move on or sell on while the goings still (dare i say good?)

What would you guys do???

Regards, Dan

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
182 trade-in price

I got offered £5500 for my 182 with 65,000 miles against a 350z. Am I right in thinking this is a really good price?

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR

TBH I dont want the hassel of taking things off. Plus I dont have a standard exhaust! Its going as it is. And its got to go.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
clio 172 ph1 price??

Evening all, please can u stop watching x factor for one sec. Posted the other day saying what would you go for: mk5 gti or 197. Now gonna keep my beeza for daily driver. Cousins mates selling a ph1, 90k, 16 inch oz's, £2400. Too high?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: clio 172 ph1 price??

Evening all, please can u stop watching x factor for one sec. Posted the other day saying what would you go for: mk5 gti or 197. Now gonna keep my beeza for daily driver. Cousins mates selling a ph1, 90k, 16 inch oz's, £2400. Too high?

Theres a black one with 35k on on AT for 3499?

fabia vrs

Hi guys, im thinking of putting the Phase 1 back up for sale for no other reason than i fancy a 182/Trophy perhaps.

Although i think ill wait til after Xmas/New Year as no one really wants to buy cars at the moment i understand. My question is, do you think there will still be interest in the Phase 1's with the price of 182's tumbling down so quickly?

I had it up for sale a few months ago and got a fantastic response (the mileage is really low for the year) and in, what can only be described as fantastic condition with every receipt and invoice present. All the belts done at 45k and 8 service stamps with paper work to back this up.

What do you guys think? Should i keep it till it dies then move on or sell on while the goings still (dare i say good?)

What would you guys do???

Regards, Dan

Whats the mileage/how much would you put it up 4 ??

Clio Sport 182

went to trade my 04 182 with 39k in for a new type r. the garage offered me £3500 trade in. surely they dont book this low? well anyway i didnt do the deal.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Another "Whats it worth?" thread

sorry, but i need to ask.

i am now eligible for a company vehicle so i am selling the 182. but need to know what its worth. not interested in holding out for top whack as i would rather get rid sooner rather than later.

2005/05
Clio 182 with both cup packs
Inferno Orange
24,200 miles
Excellent Condition
Two New front tyres
MOT and Tax to march '09.

sorry for the thread, but just need a ball park figure. i was in the region of £6,250.00

?????

182 FF Inferno
Re: Another "Whats it worth?" thread

sorry, but i need to ask.

i am now eligible for a company vehicle so i am selling the 182. but need to know what its worth. not interested in holding out for top whack as i would rather get rid sooner rather than later.

2005/05
Clio 182 with both cup packs
Inferno Orange
24,200 miles
Excellent Condition
Two New front tyres
MOT and Tax to march '09.

sorry for the thread, but just need a ball park figure. i was in the region of £6,250.00

?????

I got my Inferno back in October. Same spec as yours with 36k on it. I paid £6k back then. Market has tumbled since the so I'd say £5k.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Whats the mileage/how much would you put it up 4 ??

Im unsure mate as i see examples with 70k+ going for £2450-£2850 and mines has 52,450 miles on it so im pretty unsure. In July id have taken no less than £3350 but i know shes probaly worth less now.

Id need to have a wee think about it as the markets pretty up side down at the moment, although everything has its price :eek:

-

arctic blue, FF 172 on an 03 reg. 43k miles, decent nick.

how much would you say its worth?

on the look out

blimey guys i have £7.2k to spend looking 182 or trophy low miles pm me with wot you got... both cup packs needed on 182

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

arctic blue, FF 172 on an 03 reg. 43k miles, decent nick.

how much would you say its worth?

1. No 172 was Arctic blue
2. No such thing as a FF 172.

-

oh right well it looks arctic blue anyway. is there another shade thats similar? mondial is it?

according to the 'what car do you own thread' on here there is a full fat 172. or it could be a cup with the nicer interior?

on the look out
help reqd / good price or not

2004 black 182 , 37k , 1 owner £5994.00 in a dealers in wycombe perrys , i no its over priced but by how much ? was going to look today should cam belt been changed ? item number 350118688078 has this got cup packs cheers guys

RS 182
Re: help reqd / good price or not

2004 black 182 , 37k , 1 owner £5994.00 in a dealers in wycombe perrys , i no its over priced but by how much ? was going to look today should cam belt been changed ? item number 350118688078 has this got cup packs cheers guys
http://www.perrys.co.uk/usedchoice/16102906/24443//0/9999999

Doesn't seem overpriced to me, but it's a buyers market for sure!
The cam belt needs changing after 5 years or 72k whichever comes first.
There is a lot of debate as to when the auxiliary belt needs changing, but most people here seem to think it needs doing after 3 years or 36k whichever is soonest. Renault themselves suggest the same interval as the cam belt, but some aux's have been snapping early.
If the aux belt goes, it'll probably slam into the cambelt, taking that off with it = £2000+ rebuild bill.

If you like the condition, service history, test drive & so on, I'd try to get them to include the aux belt change as part of the service before you collect.
I got a dealer to do it early for £100 extra - even though clearly they don't have to - and also knocked them down on the forecourt price.

Edit:
The Renault dealer prices for the aux belt replacement range from between £300 & £400

on the look out

cheers , so if i can get belt done as part of service at the price its up for i should go for it then or try to haggle on price a bit...

by pics has that got both cup packs on it ??

Last edited:
  RS 182

cheers , so if i can get belt done as part of service at the price its up for i should go for it then or try to haggle on price a bit
Parkers say £5985 so it's pretty much on the button.
I'd find out if it's had it's 36k service & then ask about the auxiliary belt.
Chances are they'll say it doesn't need changing, but tell them about the horror stories & say you'll buy (if you're suitably impressed) if they fit a new one.
This really does reduce your ability to haggle on the price now; as I say the belt change would normally be charged at about £350 all in.
I very much doubt they'll go down in price if they agree the belt change.
If they don't agree it, I'd personally withdraw £5600 in cash (if possible!) and say "here you go - take it or leave it".
The market is stone cold dead at the moment, & a quick cash sale at the back end of December will make someone's figures look better at that dealership.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member

What do you guys rekon the following is worth:

2003 '53' PH2 Flame red 172FF, FRSH Cambelt done earlier this year, 56k, 3 owners (one of which is my parents) Real nice condition paint, although alloys are a bit mashed.

£4500 about right?

on the look out

Parkers say £5985 so it's pretty much on the button.
I'd find out if it's had it's 36k service & then ask about the auxiliary belt.
Chances are they'll say it doesn't need changing, but tell them about the horror stories & say you'll buy (if you're suitably impressed) if they fit a new one.
This really does reduce your ability to haggle on the price now; as I say the belt change would normally be charged at about £350 all in.
I very much doubt they'll go down in price if they agree the belt change.
If they don't agree it, I'd personally withdraw £5600 in cash (if possible!) and say "here you go - take it or leave it".
The market is stone cold dead at the moment, & a quick cash sale at the back end of December will make someone's figures look better at that dealership.

dealers now have dropped price to £5795

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Just for some guidance for those trying to sell.

I sold my wife's 182 in October. Had it on here (unofficially ;)), Autotrader and Pistonheads. Was 04-54, black, cup suspension but not alloys, 63k with FSH (all but one main dealer) and had had both belts already changed.

In the end it made £4250 on E-bay with just the one bid. All the others, especially Pistonheads, was a waste of time. Kept getting idiots wanting to swap absolute pieces of junk.

In short, be realistic. The car market is well and truly knackered. Was at the auctions the other day where 55-plate ex-fleet Vectras with average miles were making less than £3000!

CLIO 172
how much do i ask for it

i have a phase 1 172 w plate in silver im going to be selling it at the end of jan the car has covered 128k its only had 2 owners got fsh and loads of bills from new it had the belts done in march along with a full service new lower arms and engine mounts its really clean inside and out usual chips car park dints but nothing major at all im not sure wht to ask price it will havw 12months mot its totally standard too id like a quick sale but im not giving the car away as its a good one even with the miles i was going to ask 1700ono for it do you guys think im dreaming with the price i want ??????

cheers james

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Re: how much do i ask for it

Yeah tbh. £1,200 is nearer the mark...

I have cash waiting! ;)