ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

what is my 172 worth?

hi all. the plan before the summer was to take the car off the road for the summer and just drive the camper van, then switch come winter time to work on the camper. plans have changed though and im heading away for 6months so i now need to sell the car.
here it is:
51 plate 172 ph2, flame red. 74k. sorn since april this year so no tax/mot and 72k service due (i wanted to do this for when it went back onto the road rather than do it then have it standing for the summer) id say pretty good condition, worst thing is probably the funny stearing wheel! good tyres, new battery. everything standard apart from 6 disk changer temporarily unplugged in favour of ipod connected to stereo (can change).
car.gif

anyone have any ideas on price??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Re: what is my 172 worth?

There not doing very well at the moment due to the crunch

Clio 182
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

Yeah crunch has hits prices hard. So its a gamble take a loss now or wait it out. Could get better could get worse :S

i dont really mind taking a loss, so long as its not massive. would hope for something around £2400??? is that too much or too little???
i guess its really only going to sell if someone wants it, and even then its them that will decide what its worth!

Ford Focus ST2
How much for my clio?

Thinking of selling my Liquid Yellow 182 (2005)

How much is it worth, Its has both cup packs and full service history!

Its only on 29,107 miles, paint work is very good few small stone chips, and inside is like new! :)

Just want to get an idea as what to get a R26, dealer has offered £5.5k

Could i get any more for this, was looking for about 7.5k am i aiming too high?

P.s Sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

Rob

Da

Less
Re: How much for my clio?

£7k to £7.5k is realistic for anywhere but on here mate.

172 CUP, Old skool Mini

Market has certainly bottomed out, bought a 172 cup about 8 months ago for 5k and see them now averaging about 3-4k! :(
Even seen a few trophys going for under 8k lately, when only a few months ago they where around 10k!!! Crazy times be these

182 FF Inferno

If you're not desperate to sell, stick it up for £6k and you may find someone who desperately wants an LY182.

If not, take the dealers offer (which sounds pretty good although it depends on how good a price the R26 is)

Need to get rid of my 1.2 soon, any ideas what its worth, the prices seem to be all over the place atm, private and trade in value?

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
black, 3dr
generally good condition
4 new tyres
service history and cambelt done

Clio 197

Need to get rid of my 1.2 soon, any ideas what its worth, the prices seem to be all over the place atm, private and trade in value?

2002 1.2 16v dynamique
black, 3dr
generally good condition
4 new tyres
service history and cambelt done

I recently sold a 2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique 39k for only 3.4k had it on sale for around 5 months starting from 5k. Just a indication of how slow the market was moving 3 months ago.

Clio 182 FF

Not my car but looking to buy... so guess this is the right thread?

It's a 1997 'P' Clio Mk1 Ph3 1.4 s Maxim
87700 miles
It has recently had two new tyres, cambelt (at 81,000miles) and alternator belt. There is part service history that comes with the car, and i have the MOT and V5 document.

Clio 182 FF

Not my car but looking to buy... so guess this is the right thread?

It's a 1997 'P' Clio Mk1 Ph3 1.4 s Maxim
87,700 miles
It has recently had two new tyres, cambelt (at 81,000miles) and alternator belt. There is part service history that comes with the car, and i have the MOT and V5 document.

clio__021.gif

clio_024.gif

clio__028.gif

Last edited:

Ed

One that doesnt work

Im thinking of getting rid of my clio and wanting to get a Renault Megane.

2002 1.2 Authenque
flame red, 3dr
17000 miles (2800 miles a year!)
Excellent Condition, inside and out!
Service History

How much do you think I could get for it?

Last edited:
  ph2 172 ff

my car is going to be for sale soon i know the market is rubbish so im thinking of putting it up for what im after and then taking offers around that price
its a monaco blue 2004 172
tax feb09
mot april 09
fsh
done 69k motorway miles belts and major service done 58k

how much do we reckon? it isnt standard has been lowered by 40 mm due to standard springs coroding and it has a janspeed exhaust due to standard one falling off. I was hoping to advertise for £3850 and take no lower than £3400?

Mini Cooper D

I have just put deposit down on a silver 04 182 ff, 16k miles, agreed at £5,250; how have I done??

Ibis A3 BE

Possibly looking to sell my 182 Cup in the near future. It's an 05 reg, Racing Blue with optional stripes, 34K, brand new upgraded brakes.

Any thoughts on potential price would be good.

Thanks.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye

got a w-reg rsi 1.6 16v blue lowerd 60mm janspeed catback 17s all good tyres what sort of money would i get for that?

ITB'd 182...
honest valvue of my car?

lost my jobs nearly two weeks ago and with the current climate am realy strugling to find a job atm.
so obviously the main expense for me is my car. it's paid for, but just general running costs are killing me, fuel, tax, insurance blah blah...

so basiclaly im looking for a rough estimate please peeps

it's a 54 plate 182 (black gold)

mileage- 62**** (still i use atm)

only engine mod is an ITG panel filter but has seen 188bhp at tewksbury powerstation, plus k-tec carbon engine cover and a samco 90 bend

cars020.jpg

it's also running H&R coilies, with brembo disks and ebc greenstuff pads.
fitted 3 new tyres about 1k ago on the white 2118's

IMG_0166.jpg

and most recent mod's were an MSV(caged) half cage and a rear strut brace.

now if i do sell i would like to sell as is (obviously with standard interiour) so someone could get some more fun and use out of it.

the car has been excellent and has never put a foot wrong since i've owned it and it pains me writeing this but cars dont run for free so if need's be it WILL have to go!

so be honest please. what do YOU think it's worth?

:cry:

Hyundai i40
Re: honest valvue of my car?

i got offered 4500 for my 172 last week part x, 53 plate, retail was 5200, so expect more than that

Sorry about ur loss of job :(

S

seanaldo1987

just bought a black gold 55reg 182, ff, came with 3yr service/mot plan and 2yr warrenty, 44k on clock, £7k. this was from an arnold clark dealership thus giving me piece of mind 4 at least 3yrs.

can't help but think i cud've got it 4 a better price????

ITB'd 182...

could have got the car cheaper but with the warranty and service/MOT plan it seems a good deal to me

S

seanaldo1987

yea thought that, cud've easily got 1 cheaper if i went private but the option of finance on a car with reasonable monthly payments, plus the service/mot plan drew me 2 it.

hav 2 say its totally taken me by surprise with the sheer performance, only thing i cud fault with the car was both front alloys havin sum kerb marks but it was a lady owner on the v5 document, that may explain things a wee bit

Phase 2 172 Cup
Need to know ASAP - Car Value

Been offered a swap for my Cup

but i need to know exaclty what its worth before i go making silly deals

Mot March
Tax March
72k FRSH
AC CC
Belts all done along with head rebuild
immaculate bodywork
immaculate interior

16" anthricite oz cup alloys with new toyo's
ktec decat
ktec carbon splitter
eibach sportlines
gaz adjustable rear shocks

Rough price please

mk2 1.2 16v
Re: Need to know ASAP - Car Value

Had a quick look on pistonheads and most cups seem to be going for between £4k-£4.5k apart from a couple of lower milage ones.

Hope that helps

M2 Competition
Re: Need to know ASAP - Car Value

On on 04 plate, pretty rare.

Between 4-5, but aim for 4 if you want it to sell as market is rubbish at the moment!

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1

How much do you think the following is worth?

CLIO 172 Phase 1 2001 X reg @ 46500 miles X661 ERR

• No cambelt/ accessory/tensioner change ( should have been done).
  • Last service at 30000 three years ago.
  • No maintenance done for three years used as a second car.
  • 1 key.
  • last owner was clueless.
  • 1 month warranty
The garage wants £2700. I think £500 should be knocked off straight away for lack of cambelt change, if not more for lack of maintenance. But do you think they are asking a fair price for a low miler anyway or should I walk away? The car looks mint from the pictures and I can't view it till this weekend. If you guys could give me your realistic opinions?

The previous owner before the last was a cliosport.net member and might have come from the midlands and traded it in at 'motorhouse' its X661 ERR. I can't seem to find him on here though.

I would say £2500 with the very low mileage but with poor maintenance. If its from a garage try and get the cambelt done cheap. 7 years is a long time on 1 belt!

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1

But should I trust the garage to do a good job on the cambelt, they might not know what they are doing? Its from a car supermarket?

Black Gold Clio 182

Any ideas on value for our 2004 04 182 Full Fat, 31k, Black gold, standard car. Has two scuffed alloys (not edge curbed) and a few small car park door type dents on each side.

Dealer is offering around £4.5k in P/X (not Renault)

Stef

RB 197 fatty

Looking to part with my little baby as she is coming up to the end of her 3year finance plan (feb) and have the option to keep it with a final payment of £3000.

How much will it be worth? will i get my 3grand back and more?

its a 55plate, done at current 34000miles will be mot'd in dec. 1.2 16v campus sport.

182 look cat back exhaust, 182 anthacite wheels, and lowered on eibach pros.

im guessing if i can target the young 'first car' crowd who want a car that looks faster than it is.... i will be a winner???

any comments welcome...even slating ones, will just ignore em! had them all before! ;)

cheers, Normy

pics : http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218205

NEED V6!

I'm trying to shift all what I have to go around the world for 11 months, I have a June 2005 182 cup in liquid yellow 6 months tax 8 months mot left, it has covered 62,348k miles and was wondering realistical the price for it or a cheap price to get rid before start of feb.

john