ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is the R-Sport ECU

Some qustions have I.

1 how much is this?

2where do u get one from

come to think of it i think am gonna get one just need to know the facts and a little more about them,

also thinking should you get one AFTER you fit other mods like a filter?

cheers guys

[Ive changed the title for ya mate - Roamer]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its an ecu mate a monkey with one arm could fit it.

dont matter where it comes from

Remapped derv Golf

Do you tell the insurance company? or wont they know?

Do they use a lot more fuel at all?

Frosty I know you have one. Any ideas mate?

996 Carrera

Ive got one.

Doesnt use much more fuel, unless you drive at 5000+ rpm everywhere then it does drink a fair bit more. I recently had a run up the M40 and M6 back to the north west and averaged 34mpg. With the original ECU I got 44mpg. I was tanking it 100+ on the M40 though and averaged 65mph!

My normal daily drive to work is 1/2 motorway 1/2 A roads and I get the same mpg now as b4.

I personally havent told the insurers as the only way theyll know is if they take the ECU out (which is a b**ch of a job) and read the part no., or hook it up to Renaults diagnostic machine.

I remember reading that R-sport say the ECU mapping will cope with a k+n filter and ktec exhaust. Ask R-sport when you order it.

I dont think you can remap the ECU as I assume its the same hardware as the standard ECU but with a different mapping. And I guess Superchips wont have a remap for the R-sport ECU.

I guess if youre going to do major engine/breathing work then get a dastek unichip. This costs fair bit more though but can be remapped live on the rolling road to take account of mods.

Just remember that if your car goes in for any warrenty work get the R Sport ECU off, I was told on the phone 3 times it doesnt effect warrenty (about 8 months ago before everyone was ordering them) but I have later found out it does. I have had some big problems with my Cup lately and trust me they will find the R sport ECU if you are stupid enough to leave it on.... As for performance it does make a difference on the 1/4 mile strip (.3 secs) but on the road there was f**k all in it between my and the_gzas Cup (ktec exhaust no chip)

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 13 December 2003

Just remember that if your car goes in for any warrenty work get the R Sport ECU off, I was told on the phone 3 times it doesnt effect warrenty (about 8 months ago before everyone was ordering them) but I have later found out it does. I have had some big problems with my Cup lately and trust me they will find the R sport ECU if you are stupid enough to leave it on.... As for performance it does make a difference on the 1/4 mile strip (.3 secs) but on the road there was f**k all in it between me and the_gzas Cup (ktec exhaust no chip)

TTT