ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much power

clio
Sorry I know this has probably been covered before but I've searched & can't find anything. How much power is realistically acheivable from an F4R with ITB's & a decent set of cams? And then how much further could you get with headwork, is it worth it for the ££?

Thanks

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i'd say its worth it! only because i'm planning something similar but ben's post is pretty much what your looking at matey.

Mk2 172
itbs with cams iirc can get you upto 230hp

errrr no. 215 is nearer. mines got bodies, cams, exhaust, decat and ran 218 on powerstations dyno.
on others its ran anything between 205 and 218. the 205 was ran on a day which was 28 deg c

Renault Clio Sport Ph2
If you look at the yozzasport clio, that has over 230 bhp with the works (bodies, cams, exhaust, different pistons, etc, etc). And that thing flies around the track. Look on youtube for the yozzasport clio on spa, amazing how fast that thing will go.

But it wont be cheap to do all those mods (guess around €5000), better spend all that money on fuel, semi-slick tires (toyo r888 for example) and your brakes while thrashing it around on trackdays. That would be my option to spend the money, lot more fun :rasp:

Stock 172 ph2 with sport tyres, leaving me enough money to buy laps on the nurburgring ;)

ring1.jpg

Golf GTD Mk7
i've read that decent head work on the clio works quite well. More so when tuned, but no figures. You'll be looking at about £500 to get it ported and polished though. Pluse removing means belts etc will need redoing.

Ph2 1.6 16v
Can I just say here. I know alot of people say dont bother tuning engines such as the 1.6 K4M because you have to spend alot to get gains. But looking at the figures above spending that much on a K4M would get the same sort of gains from a proportional point of view?

Shoot me down if im chatting crap please...

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
but surely not the bhp comparison against the f4r engine though. possibly the same sort of bhp increase i'm not sure, but obviously not the overall top end figures.

Lionel Richie
a lot of money in their bank accounts! they're not up with the duratecs but i believe 270bhp NA has been done (Icarus knows more than me)

Ph2 1.6 16v
but surely not the bhp comparison against the f4r engine though. possibly the same sort of bhp increase i'm not sure, but obviously not the overall top end figures.

Yh ofcourse I agree with that. Was just trying to make a point to defend spending a bit of money on smaller engined cars.