ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much should I pay for this???

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Hi,

I've been offered a black 54-plate Clio 182 (Cup Pack). 1 owner, 51k with FSH? What's it worth???

Thanks

Da

Less
at 51K I would say top end £7K really. I looked at an 04 plate with less than 40K at about £7500 earlier on this year.

Da

Less
Depends on condition really...at 51k is there any interior wear? stone chips, parking dings, scuffed alloys etc? Also does it have both cup packs or just the one? If it's mint I would say £7500 - £8000 tops. If it needs TLC then £7000 to £7500 in my opinion.

Da

Less
Ok, well for guidance there's an Arctic Blue 182, 54 plate, 26K miles for £8200 here, so that will give you a bit of an idea.

Da

Less
The front cup splitter (under the bumper) and the enhanced Cup spoiler on the rear.

172 Ph2
Bear in mind that there are loads of good rs clio's around for sale at the moment and it's deffo a buyers market. Some ppl want way too much for their cars. Don't pay too much, there's no need. Make sure it's HPI clear and that there's no leaking shocks (this is something that happen a fair bit on rs clios). Check the exhaust as it's prone to breaking near the rear silencer and will cost £400 ish to replace. Check tyres (inc inner edges) for wear. I tend to look at what brand of tyre somebody has fitted too. If it's got 'family killers' on it then the previous owner was either too skint to maintain the car properly or didn't give a s**t about it. Exaltos, Toyo's, yoko's etc are all good. Look for kerbing on wheels and dings in doors etc, this all cost a fair bit to sort. I reckon £7500 is realistic. Bearing in mind that my 172 with turinis etc cost £4800 with 70K on the clock!

320d
It's approaching the cambelt / tensioners change with that kind of mileage which isn't a cheap job

Every 5 years or 60,000 miles

182 Full Fatt!
Paying around £7500 sounds good to me.
Check out the panels for dings, I always feel straight bodywork makes me feel better.
Steering wheel rubbers OK?
Does it have Exaltos or similar all round?
Check for cracked Fogs
Check the front discs and pads, if they have not been replaced they may well be due...
Exhaust may be getting weak at the joints too
What was done at the 48k service?

bluesntwos - has the car your thinking of sold yet ?? as you were asking about it back on the 20th, it might have gone by now.

FF 182, v6 wheels
i wouldnt waste my money on that! just keep a look out and you will find a nice 04 plate 182 with around 35-40k miles for about £7500-£8000 as most of the 04's have run out of warranty now.

just haggle!

He never said how much the one on 51k is up for, just asked what to pay for it.

How much do they want ??