ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much work for 18’s

right, im not sure if im gonna sell my wheels, but ive kinda decided that if i do there is no point in getting more 17s, so wanna know how much work itll be for 18s?

i know nick had 18s on his, and ive seen three mark 1 clios on 19s now, so i guess they cant be too much work??

Thing is ive contacted r-tec, who recommened agianst it, saying it was too much hassle (and theyve put 19s on a saxo!!)

The only rubbing i get now is off my rear bumper?? which i guess because it is not factory fit??

cheers any help/ideas much appreciated, cheers

Andy02 put 18s on and lowered his 60mm..its in the gallery. Cant remember he was saying it was that much hassle.

-Rob

Ians is the older model 16v, you need to get the perfect offset, and you will be fine on the shockers, nice low profile tyres and they are not that different to the 17s mate and should be able to drop it around 60mm, only thing to watch is rubbing on full lock on the front. As soon as I get mine on I will do a how2 mate!

i have 7x18 et38 on my rsi it caught on the side skirt edges the front bumper return lips and the rear bumper from the top edge to the black rubbing strip its got 40 springs on the front and the back has 5mm of rim showing when im in it ( no Im not really really fat ) it catches a bit but not enough to bother me.

Titanium 182

16v has diff and larger arches to the rsi dont it tho

im planning on lowering my 16v 100mm on its 17s on thing bothering me is the fuel line? will it scrub that and if so what can u do to it!?

yeh rsi has std size non flared arches so on a valver it should be easier. if you mean the fuel filler pipe you can heat it up with a hair dryer and squash it and let it go hard again its only the vent pipe that needs doing

ok cheers, im going to a local place whove got some 18s there, they said they dont mind me putting them on to see how much work itll be to get em on, cheers boys, ill let you know asap, cheers

is et38 what i need then??? ive seen (in the max power-clio haynes manual, i konw i know but it was a xmas present last year!!) that the correct offset needed is et42?? cheers

i got 35mm offset on my 17s and they seem to fit perfect so i reckon ull be fine!

onyl way to find out is to stick em on and drive down the road!

that might be an expensive way of doin it though!! as soon as i drive down the road they are 2nd ahnd dude!!

my 17s at the mo are 35mm offset, so ill probably go for 35 -38, thats seems to be what other peeps do, cheers

good point!

wot i did before i put on my 17s i whipped out a tape measure and see wot the size diifference is!

i had 195/50/15s then got 205/40/17s and that was only a inch difference in total so only a 1/2 inch closer to the sides!