ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how old r are you and your sport

SC 172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 01 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Cuthbert on 31 August 2005

Im 18 and like to tell everyone.JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser for you to post a message in the forum!

who personally pays the most for insurance though!! i pay 390 fully comp!!! but im sure theres some muppets on here that fork out over 2 grand for basically a fast shopping trolley!!!!

i pay 2600 fc, expensive yes but well worth it!

o and id choose my willy 2 over ur 172 any day m8 wether its a "shopping trolley" or not

172 phaseII

Quote: Originally posted by iLL_MoVeS on 01 September 2005Quote: Originally posted by admob on 01 September 2005Quote: Originally posted by Cuthbert on 31 August 2005 Im 18 and like to tell everyone.<!-- Display a message for IE users with JavaScript turned off --><NOSCRIPT><span class="bold">
JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser for you to post a message in the forum!</span></NO>

who personally pays the most for insurance though!! i pay 390 fully comp!!! but im sure theres some muppets on here that fork out over 2 grand for basically a fast shopping trolley!!!!i pay 2600 fc, expensive yes but well worth it!o and id choose my willy 2 over ur 172 any day m8 wether its a "shopping trolley" or not[/QUOTE]

19, 2 year no claim bonus. paying £1600 on my own policy.
fully comp!

PM]

Clio Trophy 079/500

Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 01 September 2005

I PAY £2K+... SO I GUESS IM A MUPPET THEN EH? r****d

Its just one of those things. When i first started to drive all i could afford to insure was a mini. Great fun, but not too much poke.

Im 26 now, and the insurance hasnt gone down that much, i just dont get laughed off as much. I got a quote for an Evo 9 360 the other day, i wouldnt have been given the time of day a few years back.

If you can afford to insure it do it. I know i would have done.

A red missile

2 Grand plus:eek:, holy dogsh*t thats a fooking lot of money mate, come to think of its thats more than ive paid for some of my old cars!!

Trophy 88/500

just turned 19

182 trophy 2005

i pay £2200 fc through my mum but iv 6 points.

my mate had a 182 (until he wrote it off) he was paying around £5500 for insurance

LY 200

£5500 for insurance?

If i had that kind of money to insure a car id be buying a car like an Audi or Bmw................Certainly wouldnt throw that money away on any renault!!!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

37, going on 18..:p

March 04, Arctic blue, cupd 182 from new.. Next stop.. black v6 255 me thinks!!:D

24 / 2004 / 1.2 extreme 3

Wouldve gone for an 182 if I had a decent job last year, now I got a good(ish) job but stuck with this thing for 2 more years

Quote: Originally posted by 63/500 on 01 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 01 September 2005I PAY £2K+... SO I GUESS IM A MUPPET THEN EH?   r****d[/QUOTE]2 Grand plus:eek:, holy dogsh*t thats a fooking lot of money mate, come to think of its thats more than ive paid for some of my old cars!!

the point i was trying to make mr d.brown which you have obviously missed is not so much the ammount you are paying, but wot you are getting for your money.. everyone on here will agree that renos are not a quality product.. as clarkson said "its feels cheap cos it is cheap!" 2k insurance a year is just not warrented on a clio... if you want to hurl more insults my way because of my opinion feel free, but i stand by wot i said...ANY ONE PAYING 2K INSURANCE ON A CLIO (v6 apart) is MISSING SOMETHING UPSTAIRS!

Octavia VRS

I wouldnt pay 2k insurance on any car unless I was really loaded! U gotta live your lives not spend a lot on insurance for 1 car even although it is a smashing little car

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 02 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 63/500 on 01 September 2005

2 Grand plus:eek:, holy dogsh*t thats a fooking lot of money mate, come to think of its thats more than ive paid for some of my old cars!!

the point i was trying to make mr d.brown which you have obviously missed is not so much the ammount you are paying, but wot you are getting for your money.. everyone on here will agree that renos are not a quality product.. as clarkson said "its feels cheap cos it is cheap!" 2k insurance a year is just not warrented on a clio... if you want to hurl more insults my way because of my opinion feel free, but i stand by wot i said...ANY ONE PAYING 2K INSURANCE ON A CLIO (v6 apart) is MISSING SOMETHING UPSTAIRS!

bit of a retarded comment to be honest, if you can afford to insure it and thats the car you want then so be it, i dont think people have something wrong upstairs for doing so.

car? need a license 1st!

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 02 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by admob on 02 September 2005Quote: Originally posted by 63/500 on 01 September 2005 Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 01 September 2005I PAY £2K+... SO I GUESS IM A MUPPET THEN EH? r****d[/QUOTE]2 Grand plus:eek:, holy dogsh*t thats a fooking lot of money mate, come to think of its thats more than ive paid for some of my old cars!! [/QUOTE]

bit of a retarded comment to be honest, if you can afford to insure it and thats the car you want then so be it, i dont think people have something wrong upstairs for doing so.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I think its more a case of people have a lot upstairs, working hard and being sensible with thier money until they can afford the car they want.

Its what I want

19, 97 1.4RT.

I wanna know what insurance companies these 19/20/21 yos are using to insure thier 172/182s, as Im after getting one :)

56.5, 04 Cornish Clotted Cream V6 255. Fully Comp £496.65. Two of the other cars I own are older than me.

As we say in Cornwall: You abe old as t maid yin milkin shed - whatever that means!

DC5

21, 52 plate 172 cup, paying £750 for insurance with 4yrs protected NCB!

Got the car when I was 20, paying £1600 for insurance.

172cup

at least its insured to be honest. You can say what you want about how much hi pay... and what you think of me for doing it.; but at the end of the day... its legally insured fully comp. so if god forbid i crash, everyone is covered. £2k or not, i feel fine about doing it.

A red missile

Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 02 September 2005

at least its insured to be honest. You can say what you want about how much hi pay... and what you think of me for doing it.; but at the end of the day... its legally insured fully comp. so if god forbid i crash, everyone is covered. £2k or not, i feel fine about doing it.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick with me fella, my comment was the aimed at the amount you pay, you get huge respect from me for doing it and being prepared to sacrifice like hell to do it as well. Far too many people out there drive around without insurance, if people are having a pop because you pay so much because of your age then they are well out of order

Quote: Originally posted by clio_girl17 on 02 September 2005

Im only 17, that will make me the youngest i reckon!

£607 insurance! BARGAIN!smileys/smiley2">

Not quite love!

Im 16 :oops:, 17 on Monday though :devilish:

133/225/CLS AMG

Bought my 53 plate 172 new when I was 21. Perfect car for my age, real dream car to have.

Just turned 23 so on the look out for a new Megane 225, as soon as my Clio is sold that is!! lol