ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How quick are Renault at returning...

...warranty documents you have to send off to them to get the three year warranty?

Im selling my car and dont know whether to put it on the Autotrader website today or wait until Renault return everything (will post them tomorrow).

How long did it take them to return your stuff?

Thanks,

Stu.

Arrgh, typical ive had a year to do it but kept putting it off.

Ill just have to sell it now and then forward the details on the the new owner.

Stu.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Mat, Im laughing with you!

As I work for Renault I get a massive discount, UK spec car, full 3yr warranty and all the documentation.

Plus my resale value!

No Probs!

Bob RTE

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Bob and Mat,

Now you know that its not fair to brag about your lovely discount !!

But then again !!

Lovely big fat discount !! Mmmmmmmmmm dont ya just love it !!;)

Quote: Originally posted by Stu_H on 11 March 2003

"Oh,

The joys of having a UK car!"

What, being £4k out of pocket? :)

Stu.

Right say you get a 172 for about 11500 (import) you have to pay about 300£ for an alarm so say 11800£ Now I think you could get a 172 UK car for about 13500 from a UK dealer with no p/ex. So thats a 1700 £ saving but you have the hassle and worries of trying to get your warrenty etc and when you come to sell it you will not get the same price as a UK car, and as for private I know I wouldnt touch a import unless it was about 2 k less that UK price, and also everyone knows you paid less for it and wont give you anywhere near UK price. I know the guy with the BMW 3.0 D thing will come on and say he got a good price for his import BUT thats offset with buying a very expensive car.

"Mat, Im laughing with you!
As I work for Renault I get a massive discount, UK spec car, full 3yr warranty and all the documentation.

Plus my resale value!

No Probs!

Bob RTE"

I think the fact that I dont work for Renault is reason enough to laugh!

I think its a bit out of order to brag about staff discounts on here.

And Neil if you can tell me where the f**k I can get a 172 for 13.5k I will probably go buy one but Ive been to many dealers who will hardly budge and the trade price the are offering for my willy is a joke. I am actually considering swapping it with my mates valver as Ill get a better deal on it with the cash hell give me. Renault dealers are not encouraging me to buy from them even though Im an existing customer.

As Ill be keeping the 172 for a few years I couldnt give a flying f**k about the resale value as It will even out by then if its an import.

SO NER!

VW Potato

the reason i objected to paying £15k for the Clio is because its not a £15k car, IMHO. £11.5k yes, £15k, no.

g

When I ordered my car in June 2001, they were 15.5k and the RLW dealership wanted the full asking price. I paid 12.35k including alarm and that was a reasonable price.

The bragging is irratating tho and is what I would expect from the Renault crew.. :cry: .. especially when all current clios are going to be worth sweet FA in 3-4 years! :devilish: