ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How quick

my mates got a octivia vrs and has just had it chipped..

and I was wondering who would be quicker 172 or vrs

as hes asked for a friendly race.. I must admit its such a nice car the Vrs

Iam very tempted!!!

The last track day a Bedford i went to had a Chipped RS the guy said he was getting about 135Mph on the straight, until i pointed out that the 300Bhp STI from Autocar we got a go in would only hit 128Mph, he seemed rather quite after that.

Quote: Originally posted by MarkC on 16 June 2003

The last track day a Bedford i went to had a Chipped RS the guy said he was getting about 135Mph on the straight, until i pointed out that the 300Bhp STI from Autocar we got a go in would only hit 128Mph, he seemed rather quite after that.
Thats surprising as a 172 can get to 120mph on the straight (assuming its the same straight)

It is the same straight, mind you a few cars got broken that day, so i think that people took things easy except me and the guy in the CTR, good fun, strange how those washer jets pop out for no reason, but stay in when you use a CTR in front as a brake

Rob it wont go to 350 with just a chip (thats hybrid turbo time). It will goto about 210-220 with a Chip depending on RON rating etc of chip. It will be fast but I cant see it beating a "good" 172 with a competent driver, will be very close in a straight line.

My dad has recently given his Octavia RS back to the company car pool. As standard, it wasnt quite as quick as my tuned Valver, although it felt it because of the masses of torque it had.

Still, if I were looking at a Golf/Audi/SEAT in 1.8T flavour, I would take this car over them all becuase apart from interior plastics it is indistinguishable mechanically - and costs lots less!

320d M Sport

i beat one joining a motorway the other day, was brand new so may not have been run in, its the same stretch were me and craggy flew up, the VTS was quicker!

hes just come to my house and Its pretty rapid.. Hes says its about 220 bhp.. we decided to go out for a quick drive to the pub and god does it fly..

the build quality is a lot better..so I think Ill be getting 1 ver soon