ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How rare is factory sat nav on a 182?

clio 182 cup
Mine has factory sat nav, someone from redline mailed me the other day and said he had never come across it! Prob only 10 out of that 42 left, others probably been written off!!

clio 182 cup
attachment.php

clio 182 cup
in the door pocket......thats where mine goes! Sat nav is actually really good I must say, it even does all the new builds coz it searches by road name not postcode!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
VERY rare as said. I wanted to order Sat Nav for my 225 but was advised not to as it's sh*t.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lol- that SAT NAV picture has my old house road on it!!!

Also, very rare & very Sh*te

Steve

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
I have it in my 172, I got an update cd off ebay for less than a tenner, I think I have 2009/10 maps in there. As said though the nav system itself is pretty awful. But nice that it's built in though, I do use it on longer journeys.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
My 172 has it, its not that good compared to a tom-tom. That said, the OEM satnav in the 11 plate Leon I've got from work is practically the same. :rolleyes:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has factory sat nav, someone from redline mailed me the other day and said he had never come across it! Prob only 10 out of that 42 left, others probably been written off!!

That is an utter guess. But it's irrelevant anyway because you failed when you bought a 182 cup.

2004 182FF
There was the full kit from a car someone was stripping on eBay this time last year - went for £110.

Bet it would have been a PITA to get working though.

clio 182 cup
mines good! have a disc with mine in the boot but have never tried it! It gets me where I need to go and tells me which roads not to take due to traffic in the morning. Ive had a Tom Tom (that took me round in circles) and its better for getting from A to B than that was!

clio 182 cup
Cup spoiler £50 off ebay! Sat nav, new dash....Hundreds of pounds?! Makes no sense financially or time wise! 5 Mins to change a spoiler. auto leccy to install nav hours!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Get a decent Tom Tom, hard wire it in, and use the sat nave dash top for OEM looks?

RB 182
I cant believe they put a sat-nav in a clio. It looks awful when manufacturers try and put expensive toys in cheap cars and the pics prove my point. Just sticks of fail IMO.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I cant believe they put a sat-nav in a clio. It looks awful when manufacturers try and put expensive toys in cheap cars and the pics prove my point. Just sticks of fail IMO.

Disagree. I nearly bought a Alfa MiTo about 2 years ago, was gonna go brand new. I'd spec'ed what I call 'Baller Spec' as-in every option I wanted, this included Alfa's own sat-nav. Built in Sat-Navs are fine, as long as you keep the maps up to date.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Disagree. I nearly bought a Alfa MiTo about 2 years ago, was gonna go brand new. I'd spec'ed what I call 'Baller Spec' as-in every option I wanted, this included Alfa's own sat-nav. Built in Sat-Navs are fine, as long as you keep the maps up to date.

I have to agree. I'd rather have some ropey-looking but functional inbuilt sat-nav - than the TomTom I'm currently using.

It all comes down to price on the options list imo. Some manufacturers just take the utter piss with the cost of the sat-nav options.

D.

RB 182
A Mito is a bit more up market than a Clio though. The dash in my 182 and the factory sat nav both look like they were made by fisher price. Each to their own though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest back in 2001 when these cars were released (dont know if nav was available from day 1, think it was?) that is a pretty decent looking built in sat nav 10 years later in 2011 look at what renault is offering with these silly tom tom things. its the only option i didnt bother with on my GT as it looks pants!