ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How serious are my 172s problems?

Clio 172
Dan uncovered some more dodgy work today too. More bits missing, loose, stripped etc.

I won't be taking it anywhere else from now on!

Yeh, I certainly found some interesting things..

Random bolt used on the inlet(I hadn't even undone this.)
null_zps2fd378d2.jpg

Cam timing out as suspected.
null_zps666f508f.jpg

Cam belt tension off the scale
null_zps52655e90.jpg

4 camshaft oil seals?!
null_zpsb17840e3.jpg

null_zpsd5bf6695.jpg

null_zps69e1d6af.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
FLOL its like a never ending bag of nightmares! Glad its sorted now.
Danlp6 is our local Renault guru and is quite possibly the best in the area, so you took it to the right place :)

Clio 172
He certainly knows what he's doing, fixed my airbag light too.

Makes me a bit nervous about my MOT in February. He'll probably find that the exhaust is held on by string or something.

For the minute though, it drives well. It used to 'kangaroo' quite a bit at low revs (below 2,000) but that's gone completely now.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The monthly meet is just off the motorway in exeter, but we also have some other meets that take place all over the sw. Best thing to do is keep and eye on the 'South West' forum section as it all gets posted in there :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Sometimes loads, sometimes not so much :) More seem to attend in the summer as its not so cold/wet I suppose. McGherkin has (as of yet) attended 100% of the meets I think, so he's the main contact for the SW stuff if you need info :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Christ someone's done a job on that. Glad you've got it sorted.

Yeah, the Exeter meets tend to quieten down at Christmas time, but it always picks up again during the summer. We're going bowling at Exeter on the 28th of this month if you're interested ;)

275 Trophy
Nice thread; glad you're getting to the bottom of the faults and that you're sticking with the car. They are great when working correctly - you'll not go wrong with Dan looking after it.

I've only just seen the thread, but I would of said you had a timing issue - same symptoms I had when mine was out.

On a side note, glad your happy with it now, as said its a tidy looking car. Few niggles now sorted and once it has a new set of tyres and shocks, it'll be a totally transformed car from how you bought it!

Clio 172
Thanks for all of your help Dan, I was starting to hate the thing.

Got new rear shocks ready to fit and tyres will be done soon.

Clio 172
A small garage in Brixham.

Don't know whether or not to name and shame but I won't be going there!