ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How simple to fit Xenons to 1.2 16V

Clio mk2
Ok so i'm looking at some used 182 xenon's online, with the ballast pack, how simple is it to install them?

I've fitted new headlights before so know whats involved with taking of the bumper.

Are the connector sockets on the xenon's the same as on the standard headlamp? would they plug into the existing wiring

Cheers

Transit & Death trap
The connectors are the same and they're a direct fit, so you can simply swap the headlights over.

Transit & Death trap
They won't auto level, I assume they operate via the standard level switch on the dash.
IIRC This will make your car an MOT failure and I'm sure that legally, Xenons must be auto levelling but someone else may be able to confirm this.

Many.
As above, straight fit. Although some have different adjuster motors which you'll need to swap over.

Unsure on MOT, Mine passed but then I doubt my MOT man cared.

As above, straight swap. Strictly speaking they wont pass and MOT because they don't have auto-level or washer jets. I just kept standard halogens and swapped them over come MOT time. They're not worth much anyway.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My car just passed it's MOT with xenons fitted, no auto levelling and only one washer working because the pump is fucked. It just depends where you take it IMO.