ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How the 197 Cup should be...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I wonder, does the Cup racer use hydraulic PAS?

Good question.

Yet to drive the 197, but the missus's 1.4 Mk3 Clio Steering is f**king woeful. It tries too hard to self-centre - There's lots of resistance just around centre then all resistance just suddenly disappears. Quite unerving at first!!

I thought that about the Mk2 when I first drove it. Did the exagerate it again ?

106 GTi
Good question.

Yet to drive the 197, but the missus's 1.4 Mk3 Clio Steering is f**king woeful. It tries too hard to self-centre - There's lots of resistance just around centre then all resistance just suddenly disappears. Quite unerving at first!!

I thought that about the Mk2 when I first drove it. Did the exagerate it again ?

Getting back in the 182 after the 197, made the 182 feel like it had no power steering - was great!

Weeman sucks ****
fair point but for 20k you could get a...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/105015.htm

or

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/104912.htm

and kick everyone's arse!

quote me if im wrong but they would be a waste of money to. you could spend less then that and get more for your money

Maybe, but my point was regarding a track toy and getting the best from what you have in that context.

Can't think of much that will out do an exige tbh. Apart from the 'Deck' or an old Audi 80, lol.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
[qoute]The next development will be a stiffer suspension option. On the 182, the Cup suspension option was taken by most customers but I don't think that this will be the case for the 197 as the standard set up is very good. As for a 'cup' version, that's still being considered. There's no great weight saving that can be made. There's no plan for any more power.

time to take a leaf out of the mini gp's book then. Strip that back seat out and stick a strut brace in, lose the spare wheel, strip the abs, cruise control and 6 disc autochanger out as well. Lose the xenon headlamps and put standards in. Stick a carbon fibre bonnet on there and boom, uve just lost urself a fair few KG's.

Do i get my job at dieppe now?

!!

The ABS can't go but it sounds excellent. £22K, same as the GP ?[/quote]

um, nah, i rekon 18k for it wud be fair, but itd have to be awesome.