ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How the hell do I fit a 6 point roll cage?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
As title.. recently bought another ph1 with a friend of mine. We're in the process of stripping it out at the moment, and looking at the size of the OMP 6 point cage sat next to the car, I'm thinking.. how the f**k will that fit!? Lol..I've done a quick search, but couldn't find a great deal. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers,Shaun

It's not difficult

You obviously need all the seats outs and the steering wheel off - but then you just slot it in through the doors putting the main hoop feet down first, then tip it backwards to touch the rear arches.
Front section goes in easy too, then you have to lift it up and bolt the two pieces together

You have to then weld feet in in the right places and I found if you bend the front feet out a bit they fit nicer.
It's handy to have some big lorry style ratchet straps if you can find some for when you need to pull stuff together

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks Phil. We didn't get any further last night.. Will get some pics up, next time we're working on it.

Cheers dude

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As Phil says, Ive always used a ratchet strap to bring the legs in a touch as I am pushing the cage through.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
It's not a dash dodger.. It's huge! Thanks for the info regards the steering column. Was hoping that could stay, but what needs to be done, needs to be done eh.

Great little tip with the ratchet straps too, thanks!

Am I right in thinking that, to weld the roof bars... We'll need to lower the rear through the floor and then reeled the floor, or will the depth of any mounting boxes be sufficient?

Thanks again for all the feed back guys.

It's not a dash dodger.. It's huge! Thanks for the info regards the steering column. Was hoping that could stay, but what needs to be done, needs to be done eh.

Great little tip with the ratchet straps too, thanks!

Am I right in thinking that, to weld the roof bars... We'll need to lower the rear through the floor and then reeled the floor, or will the depth of any mounting boxes be sufficient?

Thanks again for all the feed back guys.

What model is it? Mine was a bolt in, so came in 2 parts pre-welded. The front and rear section are bolted together with a sleeve and plates welded on the floor to bolt through.

The platforms on mine are about 4" high so you might be able to get in there with the welder...

Here is what mine looked like, you can see how the 2 sections are joined.

attachment.jpg

Last edited: