ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How the hell do i remove the sump plug!!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Trying to do an oil change and i carn't undo the sump plug! It seems to be a quirky size and don't have a socket to fit.

which way should i turn it??

53 Clio's & counting
mine doesnt take a socket, mines a square hole, would have though the ph2 the same? anti clockwise to undo

53 Clio's & counting
oh and once i didnt have the socket to hand so i used an old door handle that my dad had taken off a door in our house, the quare end fitted just right lol

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
mine doesnt take a socket, mines a square hole, would have though the ph2 the same? anti clockwise to undo

Yeah thats right a square one. I have used a grinder on a socket end to fit and it's just bending the metal. It doesn't want to budge!!

Shal i just give it a good turn or wil i snap the sump lol.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Gona go halfors now, i hope it's not glued on. Also it there any way i can undo the oil filter without a tool??

BMW M5 & E36
Gona go halfors now, i hope it's not glued on. Also it there any way i can undo the oil filter without a tool??

It shouldn't be mega tight, can usually get em with your hands. Remove the fuel rail guard if you havent already to get better access.

182kev

As above the filter shouldnt be too tight and sump plug key shouldnt be more than a few quid we keep them in for £2.79 so that gives a rough idea ;)

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Sorted.

Got the 8mm socket for £4.98 and also bought a oil filter remover for a fiver.

I'm now a happy chap, car feels much more smoother and is also quieter. The sump plug was very tight tho!

Thanks for the help as usual guys:)

Kev.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
good news then mate :) im away to do the same with my cup! been nearly 8k since its major service just before the summer?

what filter and oil did you use?