ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How times change...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had a quick scan through the XBL Marketplace section a few nights ago, and noticed that there was a Splinter Cell : Double Agent demo in there. I had the full game ages ago before selling up, so hadn't played it for so long now. I remember it being one of my favourite games at the time. Anyway, had a quick go on it last night to relive the memories. Jesus, I wish I'd never have bothered. It's mind numbingly slow, the controls are naff and even the once brilliant graphics paled when compared to the more recent games out now. How times change very quickly.

I dread to think what Rainbow Six is like now, but I don't want to ruin the memory I have of that.

Any of you guys played a game you once loved and since thought it was rubbish?

Titanium 182
Zelda ocarina of time / Majoras mask are still as good today as they were back in 1997 when I used to play tham all the time !

Ocarina of time is still IMO the best console game ever made!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you haven't played it, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. But I remembered it being very different. Disappointed.

I got a megadrive out a while back and played sonic, and that was as good as I remembered!! Until I wanted to go out halfway through and realised there was no saving in them days!!! ha.

Bumder With A Buffer
^^ Just pause :)

I used to get up in the morning..play desert strike or streets of rage. Put it on pause whilst I went to school and come back and play it :0

It didn't through a wobbly or die either :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Last year I downloaded Wipeout (PS1) from the PSN to experience the photo realism and jaw dropping graphics I remembered from the 90s. It looks like s**t now and the scenery is not quite as photo realistic as I remembered it to be.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Streets of rage ftw! I bought a Mega drive the other year to play old skool games but never ended up using it :(

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
That alex kidd game that was built in2 the master system was quality back in the day dunno about now though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had a quick scan through the XBL Marketplace section a few nights ago, and noticed that there was a Splinter Cell : Double Agent demo in there. I had the full game ages ago before selling up, so hadn't played it for so long now. I remember it being one of my favourite games at the time. Anyway, had a quick go on it last night to relive the memories. Jesus, I wish I'd never have bothered. It's mind numbingly slow, the controls are naff and even the once brilliant graphics paled when compared to the more recent games out now. How times change very quickly.

I dread to think what Rainbow Six is like now, but I don't want to ruin the memory I have of that.

Any of you guys played a game you once loved and since thought it was rubbish?

That's why Scutchio, I never place the emphasis on graphics or sound for me in games. If they are great, then all the better. But it has to come down to the quality of the game first and foremost.

Many of my favourites (even now) don't look particularly good. But from a playability point of view, they have great depth and scale. And above all, they are fun.

Crysis looks epic, but I've never returned it once I completed it. Yet I keep going back to Left 4 Dead again and again - despite the fact it looks dull and bland in comparison.

D.