ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOW TO ADD COURTESY LIGHT?

172 with k-tec sound
hi guys n girls, was wondering if there is a guide on how to add another interior light, what wires to connect to what ect, got some of them neon strip lights that run off the lighter socket, n would like to put one in boot n one in the front , but want them to come on with the other courtesy lights:)
cheers!

Clio Campus Sport 07
This i know i can help with! :)
Done it to an '02 clio, an '07 grande punto and an X plate punto mk2 (Hence the "Mk2" in my name.

Anyway. All you need to do is cut (or put scotch lock clips on) the wire to the original courtesy light, 1 on the pos+ and 1 on the neg- (boot for the boot neons, and in car for the in car ones) then run the positive wire for the neon into the positive for neon, and the same with the neg. (If they are neons and not LED strips you might need to find somewhere to hide the transformer box, wouldnt know about that though, ive always used 12V LED strips!

I'm actually just in the process of doing that to my '07 Campus, but I'm running from the cig lighter and adding a switch, the same setup as there was in my X plate punto!
My idea was to put 2 x 10cm LED strips under each seat, then 1 x 15cm under each footwell, all connected up to a switch coming off the cig lighter socket. They are SO bright! But my car feels naked without them ;)

Hope this helped!

Any more help just ask :)

SFMk2.