ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to adjusting brake pedal switch (white end plug) 182

182 ff
the ESP and Traction Control Indicator Light / Service Light are coming on now and again,when I turn the ignition on/off,they go off..
the brake pedal has to be pressed a lot,for the brake lights to come on. I took the brake senor switch out,how do you adjust it?says on here to pull or push,till you hear a click..when it did it,nothing happened..
when you take the switch out,the brake lights are on,tap the end they go out..which way(if it can be adjusted) would you have to adjust it.?,the mot is due soon.dont want it to fail..
I don't want to buy a new one,until I know that's the fault..

Pull the white bit out as hard as you can - it can be a bit stiff. Should hear a few clicks. Push your brake pedal down as far as possible, reinstall switch and let go of brake pedal. Worked for me.

182 ff
Pull the white bit out as hard as you can - it can be a bit stiff. Should hear a few clicks. Push your brake pedal down as far as possible, reinstall switch and let go of brake pedal. Worked for me.
thanks I will have another look today

182 ff
thanks I will have another look today
I have set the brake light.. for 182s(white end) the senor is 65mm fully closed, to 75mm fully open..if you are by yourself in day light.. open then boot.. get a handle end of a broom. place it on the brake pedal,one hand over the boot brake light.you can see when you press the brake.. I marked the broom level with the steering wheel,then press the brake,till the light comes on,mark the broom again. the distance between the 2 marks,is the adjustment you need to make..minus a few mm so the light is not on all the time..
on mine its goes from 65 to 69mm in one step, then 71,73 then 75..i don't no if mine is worn..cause 67mm would be ideal..
hope that simplifies it ... just have to go and test it now..when I was settin the senor, the abs /triangle with a car in,and serv light came on,maybe that was the fault..

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I have set the brake light.. for 182s(white end) the senor is 65mm fully closed, to 75mm fully open..if you are by yourself in day light.. open then boot.. get a handle end of a broom. place it on the brake pedal,one hand over the boot brake light.you can see when you press the brake.. I marked the broom level with the steering wheel,then press the brake,till the light comes on,mark the broom again. the distance between the 2 marks,is the adjustment you need to make..minus a few mm so the light is not on all the time..
on mine its goes from 65 to 69mm in one step, then 71,73 then 75..i don't no if mine is worn..cause 67mm would be ideal..
hope that simplifies it ... just have to go and test it now..when I was settin the senor, the abs /triangle with a car in,and serv light came on,maybe that was the fault..
That sounds such a faff. Can you not just get a mirror or back up against a wall?

182 ff
I have set the brake light.. for 182s(white end) the senor is 65mm fully closed, to 75mm fully open..if you are by yourself in day light.. open then boot.. get a handle end of a broom. place it on the brake pedal,one hand over the boot brake light.you can see when you press the brake.. I marked the broom level with the steering wheel,then press the brake,till the light comes on,mark the broom again. the distance between the 2 marks,is the adjustment you need to make..minus a few mmjust so the light is not on all the time..
That sounds such a faff. Can you not just get a mirror or back up against a wall?
I couldn't get the wardrobe down stairs to the road,to place behind the car,i thought a broom would be quicker...

182 ff
the asb light has gone off,but the traction light and the serv light is still on...no cruise control either.. does the car need resetting to clear the faults, or is this another fault? do I just buy a new senor ?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds similar to my fault - which I believe is squig/angle sensor related. Although ive tried new (used) replacements of them and the brake & clutch sensors with no joy.
A fault code reset clears them, then 5 mins of driving and they are back again.
Ive left mine now as I like the lack of ABS and need to switch of ESP when ever i drive in track. Loss of cruise is only annoyance.

PS mirrors don't ALWAYS have to be attached to wardrobes! :p

182 ff
Sounds similar to my fault - which I believe is squig/angle sensor related. Although ive tried new (used) replacements of them and the brake & clutch sensors with no joy.
A fault code reset clears them, then 5 mins of driving and they are back again.
Ive left mine now as I like the lack of ABS and need to switch of ESP when ever i drive in track. Loss of cruise is only annoyance.

PS mirrors don't ALWAYS have to be attached to wardrobes! :tongueout:
I am going to a garage in a few weeks,so they will see what the fault is.(hopefully)i don't want to be buying any parts ,until I know the cause..maybe mine just wants resetting, now the brake light is at the correct level..we all live in hope ha