ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to clean it

Alrite chaps,

Just picked up the new black gold 182 on friday!! Checked all anels and paintworked looked ok!! Sun came out yesterday and noticed couple of swirl marks on a few of the panels!! Any idea what to do about this? Another thing, how do go about washing black cars? Ive been told to only wipe in straight lines etc....

Any advice would be great, dont want ruin my little baby!!

Cheers

very nice, but to remove by hand with scratch x will be a pain in the arse, you deffo need a pc, pm me and i can get discount too

106 GTi

Fanatstic Job on the arch blue. Im afraid to take the wheels off all the time like I did with my 306 as I dont want to damage the wheels.

Went to see some guys of Autopia yesterday and used a PC, getting one for sure. Gets your self some off the SSR Poorboys series they work fanatasticly.

Brazo, I really need a PC, there are some small areas on the 182 I just cant remove by hand. Lots can be done by hand with some elbow grease, but the PC is a tool and a half.

After trying one Im sure I want one.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 03 April 2005

Fanatstic Job on the arch blue. Im afraid to take the wheels off all the time like I did with my 306 as I dont want to damage the wheels.

Went to see some guys of Autopia yesterday and used a PC, getting one for sure. Gets your self some off the SSR Poorboys series they work fanatasticly.

Brazo, I really need a PC, there are some small areas on the 182 I just cant remove by hand. Lots can be done by hand with some elbow grease, but the PC is a tool and a half.

After trying one Im sure I want one.

thx, like you i dont like taking the wheels of, but more because when you jack the car up the sills collapse, so if you do want to take them of get use a trolley jack

106 GTi

I would only ever use a trolley jack to, not really had a good look round under mine yet, as there will be points to jack on other than the sills. Worth asking at a garage or tyre place as to where they would jack it.

We live close enough to make it feasible but applying polishes with everyday is so much better than hand!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 03 April 2005
Did you go to the hampshire meet J?

I did indeed, looking at doing a big meet in the summer for more people to attend.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 03 April 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">We live close enough to make it feasible but applying polishes with everyday is so much better than hand!

After trying it out yesterday, For swirl removing its a must, but for things like VM and Carlack, and glazes I think I will stick to by hand.

I do see how you can get such a thin coat tho, but for me It will be limited to the deep cleans I think.

106 GTi

Yes saw his lovely 205, have chatted with him for a while as I used to have a 205 to. First time I have met up with him tho.

Shhh

182 Blue, what will i need then to make me car look really good as the swirls are getting worse and worse. Ive checked out eBay for this kit - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28641&item=7964585478&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28641&item=7964585478&rd=1

and think its a mix and match jobbie. I bought the lambs mit the other day and now am into getting the car looking as it should do. The bumper will be repaired and painted for £90 which is a bargain so need to work the paintwork.

Could you pm me with a list of items that would be expected to perform better than the other mailto:cr@p">cr@p on the market.

Ive read the other links you have mentioned in this thread. Is there any polish i should not buy / use.? I do try to use the hand jet wash when i wash the car, as i have the stickers to worry about. What effect will it have on the stripes.??

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 03 April 2005

I would only ever use a trolley jack to, not really had a good look round under mine yet, as there will be points to jack on other than the sills. Worth asking at a garage or tyre place as to where they would jack it.

my local tyre place used the rear beam to lift the whole of the rear up at once with a trolley jack.