ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to do a full oil change?

corsa ecoflex
why on earth would you take the rubber ring of the filter to oil both sides.....i service about 5 cars a day and have never done that as there is no need,by all means run some oil around the seal but dont take it out

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yeah that would work better to be honest. I went for the cheap option a while ago with the chain option, but I regret it. If I was servicing more than 2-3 time a year (two cars) then i'd buy a better one. No point really, it does work, just a bit fiddly

Yeah I guess, I'm gonna grab myself one of these from work, nice and cheap :D

Megane 225
thanks beef, thts a proper reply, can i just use a s**tty new filter from halfords, and how much oil needs to go back in, as i have no dipstick, besides me of course

DO NOT USE A FILTER FROM HALFORDS. My old 172 spat the rubber seal out the side of a hlaford filter. Bye Bye bottom end!

HBT 172 Cup
Champion F136 are very good filters in my experience, and provide the best oil pressure.

They are Williams/Valver fitment, very slightly bigger than the normal sized renault filter, but will fit the F4R no problems at all. Its what i will be using.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Original Genuine Renault or a Mann Filter at the very least. Also, Mann Filters won't invalidate a manufacturers warranty under block exemption rules.