ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fasten side panel in boot for amp

E87 118i

any one made a side panel for th passenger side of the bboot to mount an amp or changer or whatever ? How did you mount it to the side ? I see there 2 screws the hold the plastic part wher the parcel shelf rest on to the car, could you use those holes and just longer screws, not too sure if it will line up.

suggestions urgently requires as I need to finalise this amp story asap.

I did a similar install in my 205, dont screw them into the side panel as suggested. Have a piece of mdf flat along the boot floor and use corner brackets to hold the sides up!

E87 118i

thanks elskusos, thats what I have in mind, how did you "screw" it to the car, through the body ??

I used short self-tapping screws, i.e only screw into the car panel about 5 or 6mm. nothing show on the outside, but if you do find the screw tip come through to the other side of the wheel arc, i would just dad a bit of silicon sealant around it to prevent leakage. Another way you could do it is to use l shape brackets to screw to the floor and the amp board. again using self tapping screws. Or of course like Pete suggested.

Good luck with it