ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit seats and harnesses to Cup

I want to fit fixed back race seats (with side mounts) and harnesses in a Clio Cup, back seats are removed which will hopefully help.

Can anybody offer any advice on how to do this, in particular do i need to drill new holes or can i use existing holes?

Thanks.

you can attatch it to your current subframes to retain teh sliding facility, which is always nice.

Just noticed Ive posted this in the wrong section, apologies!

Can even the side mounters fit on the existing sub-frame, I didnt think they could?

no, you dont need side mounting in that case, only if you want it to be a solid mount that will never move again.

ANd this section is fine......no worries.

Only problem is a reduced range on the sub-frame mountable versions (I want Sparco Corsas), but Ill look into it.

Any thoughts on the harnesses, can existing holes / bolts be used or do i need to get the drill out?

I meant that (as far as i am aware) there are less choice seats available which can be mounted on the existing sub-frame - hence looking at the side mounters.

for the harness, once you remove the current seat, you will need new attachment points either side of the seat and I recommend you get proper FIA approved plates (about 3x3cm) that have to be welded to the car, and bolts to attach the harness. The shoulder straps of the harness can be attached to one of the two bolts retaining the redundant metal bar in the boot, behind the back seat. when you remove the seats, watch out for the electrical connectors etc, as these will affect your front airbags.

Thanks for that philip, can the metal bar behind the rear seats be removed as its quite heavy and would now appear to be redundant. I presume its not there to also add to stiffness...

its 2.8 Kg to be precise (sad, sad, I know), and yes it can be removed as its function is to help secure child seats in the back. Given that youve taken the back seat out, I take it you transport no kids ... make sure you put the two bolts back in place.

Sadly enough i did...memory is a little hazy but i think approxiamte weights were:

Upright ~ 9 kg

Bench ~ 4 kg

so i all in all about a 16kg saving. Ill check later.

Thanks for weight info. ps talk to paul172cup or check his posts I think he put cobra seats in. I would also prefer sidemounts to bottom mounts.