ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Fix These?

Hi all, As some of you may know I got my 1.2 5 door expression this week and it had a bit of damage around it but I thought hey its worth a try to sort it out but i'm not entirely sure how to fix the problems. Theres only really 2 major problems I'd like to get sorted, firstly the previous owner obviously opened the rear driver side door into a bollard or something and made a nice little dent in the edge of the door with a bit of paint taken off.

This doesnt look too bad in the pic but in real life its really noticable.

The other problem is the previous owner hitting a wall or something a scratching the front bumper/splitter. The black marks and paint loss continue halfway up the arch too :/

How would you guys suggest fixing these?

cheers

Audi A5
Firstly you need to get some better pics up really. As for the dent get a quote from a pro should be about 40-50 quid. As for the second one has you tryed T-cut could come come up quite nicely.

Ok cheers i'll try T-Cut and my mates dad is a panel beater and body work repairer so hopefully he'll be able to do something with it on the cheap :)

What do you mean by better pics? closer or further away etc.?

Punto/Clio GTT
t cut wont do f**k all to that mate, will need bumper filling and blown in

door needs filling and door and rear quarter painting

....oh dear lol

Reckon i could just sand down the front bumper and then spray it with renault platinum aerosol? and cant i just bend the dent out in the rear and use a touch up stick or something?

I know i might sound like i'm tryna do things on the cheap but I'm only a student and don't get that much money lol

I understand your predicament. Tried a lot of body work myself to save money, depends on what finish you want. If you want it amazing and immaculate i'd go to a professional if your not to fussed and just want them rid enough so you wont really notice them until your close I would repair yourself. I dont know how easy silver is to blend though? Mines red and is an absolute f*cking nightmare! LOL but most of my paint has faded being 12 years old.

Nick

haha yeah erm well i'll have a word with my mates dad about it and if i need to do it myself you guys know anywhere to get ready mixed renault colour aerosol cans? other than renault dealerships because im not made of money lol

thanks

wow thats pretty decent, i've heard halfords mix paint in any colour code you need but i'm kind of dubious as to how well it would match? and how much it would cost?

Think they charge about 9 - 13 a tin. Ive heard its lousy stuff though. Spits not sprays, They wouldnt match my paint because it has lead in apparently there is 3 colours Halfrauds arent aloud to stock and mine just happen to contain one of them.

Nick

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i would rather see a slightly scuffed bumper than a piss poor repair attempt.

IMO- have it done properly or leave it be.

Very true so would I. But at the same time I also think its always good to try something yourself ... maybe I shouldn't start with something this major though lol

I'll get it done properly :) getting a quote from my mates dad soon if she ever rings him...

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
The bumper wouldn't be massively difficult, it can be done with a filler, a helluva lot of sanding and spending a while matching the bumper OR re-spraying the whole thing with only slight matching round the edges. BUT, I as it seems everyone else as well would say, if you can, get it done properly, even if it means saving for a while, its the minor details that can make a major difference :)

cordoba,panda 100 hp
you've said your friends dad is a pannel beater/ painter! so why not do the simple sensible thing and simply let him take a look at the car and let you know streight rather than making this post and getting advice from people who dont have anything to do with the trade, and end up getting advice like 't-cut it' and it should cost £40-£50, you cant asses damage correctly from pictures, you realy need to see things in the flesh so all the answers yo get on here will just be down to what arears to be in a pic.

you've said your friends dad is a pannel beater/ painter! so why not do the simple sensible thing and simply let him take a look at the car and let you know streight rather than making this post and getting advice from people who dont have anything to do with the trade, and end up getting advice like 't-cut it' and it should cost £40-£50, you cant asses damage correctly from pictures, you realy need to see things in the flesh so all the answers yo get on here will just be down to what arears to be in a pic.
well as Im not in the trade either I had no idea whether I could do anything with it and I was just trying to save some money but ill get it looked at by my mates dad, cheers for the advice.

Pretty sure SprayShack on here is in the business mate ;) a lot of us have had a lot of experience with bodywork and spraying parts.

Nick

Yeah i know thats why i asked here lol but eurorob was saying 'why not do the simple sensible thing and simply let him take a look at the car and let you know streight rather than making this post and getting advice from people who dont have anything to do with the trade, and end up getting advice like 't-cut it' so i just responded to that :)

Oh right haha well yeah I think me and my grandad might take a crack at the dent in the rear door with a panel beating hammer but i'm definately getting the bumper sorted by a professional and i'll probably end up getting a new splitter too :)

Dodgy one
Dont dick about on the door with a hammer, you start trying to bend the door edge back over, its going to go in inbetween the handle and edge more so than it already has

hmmmm true, my grandad used to work in a body shop/mecahanics (on the mechanics side) and he seemed to think he knows what hes doing lol but yeah i think i might get a quote for everything first then depending on how much it is i'll see.