ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to flash the headlights on a 172

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Ive just bought a 172 and cant work out how to flash the headlights. I sometimes like to do a double flash to thank people ,but when i try it in the 172 mk2 the main beam just stays on. Is there a button to flash the main beams ?

Mini Cooper S sport

Mine stay on as well, its really annoying. If you turn off the auto function you can flash them though.

^^^ yeah,

Pull it gently to just flash, pull it all the way back and it will latch on full beam.

Pissed me off somthing rotten.

Or, just ignore the auto lights function all together! If you turn the lights to dipped beam, you can flash no probs. I really cant be arsed with these fancy functions - damn auto lights and auto wipers (dont get me started on them...)

you definitely cannot flash the lights when the auto is on, no matter how gently you pull the stalk back - however, as has been said, with the lights actually turned on with the stalk flash is exactly the same as before - the fogs dont work if the lights are on auto either!

I cant get the hang of full beam either or come to think of it I cant get the hang of any of the controls, way to complicted for me but then I am blonde :)

I long for the days of the 2cv no stupid auto functions on them lol