ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to lower a torsion bar accuratly?

Punto/Clio GTT
did mine with guess work, trial n error.

do 1 side, get it sitting how you want then get the other side to match

S2000
Basically:

• Measure distance from hub to arch
  • Remove bar and raise hub by the amount you want to lower the car plus a little bit more as it never goes as much as it is first raised
  • Put bar back in and do the same on the other side
  • Once both sides have been done re-measure the hub to arch distance and check how it compares to the original measurement. The car will be lowered by the difference between the two measurements
  • If necessary repeat till you get it as you want

Rally Cinquecento
Basically:

• Remove bar and raise hub by the amount you want to lower the car plus a little bit more as it never goes as much as it is first raised
  • Once both sides have been done re-measure the hub to arch distance and check how it compares to the original measurement. The car will be lowered by the difference between the two measurements

Ahh that makes more sens to me thanks, so just push the hub up while the damper is on? or off?

S2000
I've always done it with the damper on but it can be done with it off by removing the lower mounting bolt. I just use a jack to raise/lower the hub as it makes it easier to adjust it accurately.

audi a3 1.8t sport
Basically:

Ahh that makes more sens to me thanks, so just push the hub up while the damper is on? or off?
makes no differance
and remember the back will settle about 15mm in the first two weeks of driving it

S2000
and remember the back will settle about 15mm in the first two weeks of driving it

right so if i want to go about 35-40mm lower it about 20-25mm an then itll settle down to the right hight?

Tbh I've never found it to settle any noticable amount on the back so lower it to the amount I want, but then again I suppose I've never paid a huge amount of attention to it really. Either way there is always a bit of trial and error involved and I quite often redo it a couple of times till I get it to the exact heigh I want it.