ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make exhaust pop

Clio 172 sport
had a play with a 172 the other day and his car was popping it sounded qulaity...

any idea on how to get your car to do this??

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Mine flames on over run after some spirited driving. Looks so cool in the dark.

Clio 172 sport
hmmm ok, i used to have a 205 gti and it used to pop with the flames.. it handled so good aswell

I miss that car....

2002 White RS 172.
Buy a focus RS, i had a decat system on mine, im pretty sure Chris from here can vouch for how much it popped/flamed :)

Nippy white cup
lol yeah that was class...especially on the motorway just as you were passing a police car on the hard shoulder hehe

Chris

172 FF
My old xr3i used to pop when coming off the throttle when it had a custom exhaust on it, sounded mint :p
I got it replaced with a Janspeed after a while & the popping stopped :(

alien green rs133
fit decat, and sport exhaust and you get nice pops, if your after more pops loosen the clamp on that mushroom shaped join behind where cat goes (dont think all clio's have this join though, as long as there is a slight leak and i mean slight from cat area :D )

182 Cup
My Orbisoud (with cat) will pop and bang just after starting it up, until it's off that dodgy low emission map. Nothing when it's on the normal map though :(

Astra van,Mk1 nova
my old valver used to spit blue flames over a foot long :eek: when giving it beans and changing gears and in hi revs all it took was tapping the throttle :cool: was decated with a magnex cat back system! oh how i miss that little thing :dapprove:

cup is s**t :rasp:

the pops/bangs/flames are caused by unburnt fuel passing through the engine and igniting in the hot exhaust.

you'd need to de-cat as part of the cat's job is to deal with unburnt fuel, and then you'd likely just need to get your exhaust hot and 'hope' the engine's passing unburnt fuel. exhausts on turbo charged cars tend to run much hotter than those on N/A cars

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Most if not all 1*2s will pop from cold until closed loop control starts , just by prodding the acc on and off on the over run , Sounds pathetic

b/g 182, meg tourer
my milltek (with cat) pops when cold.
not half as much as when it was decatted. it was easy to make it pop then, and bang. lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
when i was at the ring my standard 182 did quite a few pops when lifting off. sounds cool .

Mustang, S13, AX GT
197 pops standard lol. S13 flames :cool:
decat, aftermarket exhaust = pops, bangs and occasional flames