ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to make ur 1.2 faster. 3 step plan

ZT 1.8T
Alan said:
Yep it can be done matey tho it'd have to be a custom one...^^

well i havent had a look at my standard exhaust but can the cat be unbolted? and can i make a tube with 2 brackets on to fit in its place?

Clio 182
IMO, is it worth getting a decat considering legality implications vs actual gains you can get from a decat especially on a 1.2 its not worth it! I'd rather be insured then have a extra 2 BHP (if that). But all in my opinion of course!

oneeighttwo said:
IMO, is it worth getting a decat considering legality implications vs actual gains you can get from a decat especially on a 1.2 its not worth it! I'd rather be insured then have a extra 2 BHP (if that). But all in my opinion of course!
So long as you have an MOT there no issues of the police spot check you and you fail emmisions then you have to get i tixed but there no law saying you cannot be insured with a decat/sports cat.

Clio 182
edde said:
So long as you have an MOT there no issues of the police spot check you and you fail emmisions then you have to get i tixed but there no law saying you cannot be insured with a decat/sports cat.

What if you have a crash? and you have a decat? I had to take mine off to validate my insurance otherwise greenlight would not cover me. Surely if I left it on and I had an accident they would'nt pay out as the car is not road legal as it would fail an emmissions test

oneeighttwo said:
What if you have a crash? and you have a decat? I had to take mine off to validate my insurance otherwise greenlight would not cover me. Surely if I left it on and I had an accident they would'nt pay out as the car is not road legal as it would fail an emmissions test
Well if your insurer won't cover for decats for whatever reason then thats different. but thats like saying aftermarket alloys are illegal as some insurers don't cover car with them.

Clio 182
edde said:
Well if your insurer won't cover for decats for whatever reason then thats different. but thats like saying aftermarket alloys are illegal as some insurers don't cover car with them.

I'm only going on what I was told when I declared my mods to greenlight. They said a decat is illegal so they cant insure me with it fitted. Alloy wheels arn't illegal. Maybe certain insurance companys wont cover alloys but I was told a decat is illegal I know older cars dont have cats but I was under the impression that if yours was fitted with a cat you cannot swap it for a straight though pipe. I'm only going on what I was told so don't shoot the messenger !! LOL

oneeighttwo said:
I'm only going on what I was told when I declared my mods to greenlight. They said a decat is illegal so they cant insure me with it fitted. Alloy wheels arn't illegal. Maybe certain insurance companys wont cover alloys but I was told a decat is illegal I know older cars dont have cats but I was under the impression that if yours was fitted with a cat you cannot swap it for a straight though pipe. I'm only going on what I was told so don't shoot the messenger !! LOL
Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm shooting you down. Your car needs to be legal but people have passed the MOT with decats before now.

Scirocco GT 210
I thought the police (or some organisation working with the police anyway) could test your car's omissions at the side of the road? To check to see if you have a CAT. Failure could result in a £1,000 fine?

Oh, as for insurance covering de-cats.... I would have thought no ins. company would ever cover you for an illegal modification!

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
If you put your air vents on full wack, it sucks air in and makes you accelerate more. mate.