ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make yellow look more yellow

Hyundai i40
image.jpeg
You The new beast!!!!

Absolute amazing car but previous owners had shitty flower stickers and the body work has had no love

It's extremely faded in areas

Best way to get the colour back....I'm too scared to machine polish

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
View attachment 163937 You The new beast!!!!

Absolute amazing car but previous owners had shitty flower stickers and the body work has had no love

It's extremely faded in areas

Best way to get the colour back....I'm too scared to machine polish

If you get yourself a DA machine polisher there's absolutely no need to be scared of using it.

I promise you won't do any damage. Just watch a couple of videos on YouTube and you'll be good to go.

Get yourself a kit like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171177663608 and you'll sort that Beetle out in no time.

Hyundai i40
As above. Read the machine polishing stickies on here too.

I think the das6 pro works out around £105 with the Cs discount on clean your car

Cheers guys!

I'm going to nip to a car detailer later on today (weather permitting its pissing it down here) and discuss with him

Depending on what he quotes if its majorly cheaper than buying the kit, ill just let him do it.

But if its around similar price i would rather do it myself, as i have always fancied a go but never had a car in bad enough condition and old enough to risk doing it myself!

Renault 5 GT Turbo
These usually fade beneath the clear coat (Leons, Lupos, Golfs too).
Try a test spot with some polish by hand. If the pad turns yellow - you can save it.
If not - no amount of polishing will make it bright yellow again.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If it's faded there's a good chance it's a single stage paint, so it won't have a clear coat they use a hardener instead.

Much like the faded red Vauxhalls you see.

Ps. Is the side skirt meant to be that shape or is it damaged?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If the d
Cheers guys!

I'm going to nip to a car detailer later on today (weather permitting its pissing it down here) and discuss with him

Depending on what he quotes if its majorly cheaper than buying the kit, ill just let him do it.

But if its around similar price i would rather do it myself, as i have always fancied a go but never had a car in bad enough condition and old enough to risk doing it myself!

If the detailer charges less than buying the stuff yourself can't see him being any good at all TBH !

Hyundai i40
I may be worth finding a local member who does a bit of detailing and throwing them some beer money
Unfortunately there are little or no members in the isle of man 😧

These usually fade beneath the clear coat (Leons, Lupos, Golfs too).
Try a test spot with some polish by hand. If the pad turns yellow - you can save it.
If not - no amount of polishing will make it bright yellow again.

What type of polish do you recommend?

If it's faded there's a good chance it's a single stage paint, so it won't have a clear coat they use a hardener instead.

Much like the faded red Vauxhalls you see.

Ps. Is the side skirt meant to be that shape or is it damaged?

definitely a single stage paint and yup the skirt is damaged

I'd be more concerned about the battered side sill tbh.

its the only mark on the car and will be getting fixed - had it all priced up and ready to be fixed. But want to do some work on the paint before i get it done so colour can be matched and it doesnt look odd!

looks like some perfect lady driver has caught it on a high curb 😧

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Do you have any polish knocking around?
It doesn'tneed to be anything fancy. Just a little abrasive to see if it can be saved.
Some easy ones to pick up are Meguiar's Ultimate Compound or Polish, Auto Glym Super Resin Polish.
Something like that worked properly into a few test spots will tell you if it will come up again or not.