ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to play xbox 360 downstairs with computer going upstairs

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
hi i have a 3 year old desktop currently hard wired to a router.(router can be used wirelessly.) desktop has no means to be used wirelessly.

problem is i want to move the computer upstairs out the road.what are my options to do this?can i buy something to make it wireless or do i buy a long telephone cable i just dont know.
also i play the xbox360 live downstairs in the livingroom and now my computer is going upstairs any suggestions on the best setup?
iam going to be lifting the living room floor ina couple of days to lay new flooring.
would this be the ideal opportunity to lay down a cable under the new flooring in my livingroom connecting the xbox to router?is the router to be kept downstairs then or does it get kept with the computer?
thanks

172 Cup
Ideally you can have the router setup anywhere provided the relevant cable is available to plug into the router.

You can then hardwire the xbox 360 and the desktop computer as and how you please.

You also have the oppurtunity to use either of them wirelessley but thats entirely up to you. There is a xbox wireless adapater which would save the wiring.

Its upto you whether you want them hard wired or wireless.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hard-Wire Xbox360 with an ethernet RJ45 cable! Hard-wire it to your router, wherever the router is! (I say wire it so you get the best gaming experience).

You can buy a USB wireless dongle for your PC for fairly cheap and make your PC wireless to your Router.

Simple as.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
hey i just bought a netgear homeplug for £60.comes with 2 plugs.1 plug always connect top router the other connects to pc.then when i want to play xbox i remove plug which is connected to pc then plug into xbox downstairs.
iam planning in running a telephone cable from telephone socket over to the bedroom with pc so that router and pc are in same rtoom and use 1 socket so i can keep the other socket downstair for the sexbox lol