ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove a brake disc seized to hub?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just taking my brothers 106 gti apart and trying to remove the brake disc from the hub and it just will not come apart!

Currently I've tried s**t loads of penetrating oil spray and this-

uny5eru6.jpg

What else can I do?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Never mind we just tried a hammer again it came off! Very strange...

172 cup
Get a length of wood rest it against the back of the disc and smash the shite out it from the back.

I remember a mate was doing this on his drive. Got a phone call, saying he thought they were part of the hub. And I was wrong etc. I drove 20 minutes to his house and gave each one a single hard blow with a hammer and they both dropped off lol.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
This one was being ridiculously stubborn, many many blows with a hammer and then a puller and eventually a bit more hammer abuse and it fell off!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Worst one iv had was on a clio actually... Was stuck solid, hit it that much i smashed all of the disc off and i was left with the part seized to the hub.. Had to cut it off >.<

Megane r26
Worst one iv had was on a clio actually... Was stuck solid, hit it that much i smashed all of the disc off and i was left with the part seized to the hub.. Had to cut it off >.<

I had similar with a ford cougar, it came off eventually but there wasn't much braking surface left!