ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove the tar in the offside C Pillar?!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I know it's only one piece but I've started now and leaving it half done would do my t!ts in!

It's the one above the fuel filler which is much more hidden. Any tips or special tools?

Fill the void with scrunched up newspaper otherwise bits of the sound deadening will get stuck in the void. I just heated it with a heat gun and then used a wood chisel :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Fill the void with scrunched up newspaper otherwise bits of the sound deadening will get stuck in the void. I just heated it with a heat gun and then used a wood chisel :)
Cheers James. I thought about heating the outside of the panel too.

So you just used a wood chisel and cut your hands to pieces? ;)

Haha no I managed okay from memory but didn't use the news paper so lost it down the void and took over an hour to fish it out lol!

amepe3yr.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Have you trimmed part of the panel there? It looks like you have more access than mine.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
i did the one on the roof, and started the ones on either side of the car in the rear qtrs the other day.
all comes off quite easily if you have a decent heat gun and a decorating scraper.

the rest of the car was done a few weeks back, including the engine bay side of the bulkhead.

couldnt believe how much some of this stuff weighs, just the bit in the roof alone was 2.9kg.

220 Trophy
Hey Kelv, there is tons (literally!!) of the stuff everywhere - you've just got to do the ones under the carpets and boot floor, plus the scuttle panel (not sure if you meant this when you said bulkhead) now..........

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Hey Mark,

I've done all of those buddy, the floor sections took forever, atleast until i mastered it, I can now more of less get it off in strips to save it going everywhere.
not the nicest of jobs to do again tho, i don't think I'd offer to help anyone else do it again, lol.

220 Trophy
Hey Mark,I've done all of those buddy, the floor sections took forever, atleast until i mastered it, I can now more of less get it off in strips to save it going everywhere.not the nicest of jobs to do again tho, i don't think I'd offer to help anyone else do it again, lol.
I agree, not a job to offer help on as its mind-numbing boring, but satisfying if doing for yourself!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Ah the joys of running a cup and the majority of it not being there in the first place! :lolup:

Thats very true.
on the other hand, I can't think of any other Trophy's out there stripped or as track dedicated to this level :) ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Ah the joys of running a cup and the majority of it not being there in the first place! :lolup:
I wish I'd bought a Cup but I only paid £1k for mine a year ago and I used to own the car and my mate bought it from me so I know it inside out and it also has sentimental value!