ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove this seal in steering rack??

6CD958B9-98A1-410C-ABDD-09E0DB5B98D7.jpeg

The seal inside this cylinder, does the cap come off? Because the seal is just being torn slightly and not budging

Yes I watched his to take it apart. The picture wasn’t so clear here is another. The black ring is just metal, looks like an oring I know
4F252BEB-17D2-4584-8A45-C03EC21CF021.jpeg

Well the seal inside seems to be joined to the metal end cap thing with the black ring. Nothing moves though, the rack only touches the seals and white seals but mine got a bit chewed up and developed play. Im worried of doing any damage so dont want to try whacking things out

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.

These are all the parts that's in Ilyas build of my quick rack... Dunno if that helps in any way.. maybe easier to replace that bearing than mess about trying to repair it..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

@Eddie555 Thanks mate, this is actually the brt rack I have, Ive been on contact with them and these seals seemed to be the culprit but I dont know now if they are meant to be replaced or the rebuild seals I bought actually includes them.

Not had much luck with racks..

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
@Eddie555 Thanks mate, this is actually the brt rack I have, Ive been on contact with them and these seals seemed to be the culprit but I dont know now if they are meant to be replaced or the rebuild seals I bought actually includes them.

Not had much luck with racks..
That's as much help I can give you buddy.. I never actually saw Ilya build my rack.. It was a "pay someone to do it" kinda job.. [emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

The black ring is in fact the seal, its 'infused' to the metal cap. What I dont understand is the hydraulic quick rack I had, it leaked out of the same place. Implying these old seals could be 150000 miles old are re used..

Personally I think renault are just c***s and all the parts that people need they stop producing the moment the car sets foot out the factory..

@Mbeau Dont suppose youve got a pas rack spare? :rolleyes: I should of bought the car off you!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The black ring is in fact the seal, its 'infused' to the metal cap. What I dont understand is the hydraulic quick rack I had, it leaked out of the same place. Implying these old seals could be 150000 miles old are re used..

Personally I think renault are just c***s and all the parts that people need they stop producing the moment the car sets foot out the factory..

@Mbeau Dont suppose youve got a pas rack spare? :rolleyes: I should of bought the car off you!

Hi mate, how annoying. I do have a complete rack. Will PM you 👍

Where is this seal located?
I have a Pure quickrack, might want to keep an eye on it.

Your right hand side as you are left hand drive (y) First thing to check is if the boot has fluid seeping through the bottom, if bone dry then probably okay. May make noise as well when you turn, worst case is play

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on PAS rack with EPAS column.
I've dropped some pas oil inside to keep it lined up, mine doesnt leak? Theres no pressure now to force oil past any seals.
To be fair though mine has only done 45000miles

Mine is pas rack too but it was filled with grease, this is how pms guide on their site did it too (mine is brt now). First time mine was fluid obviously but that wasnt one little seal that went..

Im going to do one of these courses or start learning on youtube to get going.. Ive paid for wiring and tuning courses as well which Im currently doing.

Yup that was a bit of a mission! Its by HP Academy, I have 2 wiring courses out of 3 (third is motorsport mil spec stuff), efi tuning course, launch control and how to degree a cam because I had an offer that made them both free on separate times. Because they offer a lot of deals Ive not spent much, its a steal really. 25 quid for efi tuning course.. Youd have to pay a lot more for that information elsewhere.