ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove white gloss paint?

For reasons well only network rail will know they have been painting the local railway station over last week.... Now when washing car yesterday find loads of small paint droplets, ie no more than 1mm but all over car, on glass, alloys and panels, what can i safely use to remove this?

Who actually does decide to paint the outside of a railway station in November!

Take it to the company who did it and tell them you want some money to get it professionaly valeted!

Thats going on in background, i deal with these type of claims so know what to say buy also know it could take a long time, is it though something that can be removed without damaging paintwork?

STEALTH RAIDER
Depending what kind of paint it is mate, it can be machined off. Done a fair few that have been vandalized

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I read somewhere that Autosmart tardis was good for paint removal, but not sure about gloss paint.. worked well with spray paint though.

Company who have done work have admitted fault and offered to get car valeted, gave me name of a guy I had never heard of but got their agreement for the car to be detailed by Gordon at Defined Details who done a paint correction on the 200 in June.

Not a 320d
Tardis doessnt work with gloss paint. I never got rid of the splatters on my old car, but i never tried polishing with an agressive compound.

I worked on an M5 a few weeks back and it had the odd blob of black gloss paint on the bonnet, I took a stanley knife to the blobs and then machine polished the bonnet. no damage.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I've got white gloss on the button of the boot and underneath the door handle.
Also got 2 patches on my doorcard before i realised i had some paint on my arm. Painting a house that has no electricity/water/heat or anything before it starts going dark is hard work lol.